Akolda Manyang 7-0, Class of 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akolda Manyang 7-0, Class of 2013

Rivals has him at 6-10. Tennessee's board calls him a 7 footer. He was at Duluth(East), Minnesota. Believe he is taking a prep year somewhere in Florida. Minnesota has been his favorite. Others involved include Penn State, Tulsa, Boston U, Tennessee, UTEP, Utah and Virginia.

Akolda35's tweet:

Got a muscle sprain unfortunately not. Good cuz Wichita state coming to watch me play
    In the fast lane

Confirmed 7 footer, 213lbs.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3mrT9PCMAAQMGB.jpg
    In the fast lane

Comment

Comment

I have a new favorite!
        Last edited by tropicalshox; September 27, 2012, 11:52 PM.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Really nice upside,could do get things under Coach Marshall

Comment

Active, Aggressive, I even like the dribble out leading the break.

I'm sure there's some flaws to his game, but there's a lot of upside there.

Here's some back story: http://www.startribune.com/sports/pr...=1&c=y&refer=y
            Last edited by wu_shizzle; September 28, 2012, 12:40 AM.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Could be a real blocking machine for us

Comment

Dude is a ball hawk. Plus he has a post arsenal. That hook is nice.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hope he comes to see our house!

Comment

213?

Boy oh boy. Kerry will have a lot of fun.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

He sure can move. Would like to see some actual post moves to see where he's at there. But intriguing
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What does he know about us?

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                          What does he know about us?
                          well he knows how to spell Wichita so thats a good start

Comment

Lol that is a biggie

Comment

I saw Akolda Manyang play live in Kansas City at one of the Tom Tietze events at Okun Fieldhouse. Very nice 7-ish footer. Maybe more like 6'10"-6'11", though, if we're being honest (in spite of what that body analyzer printout says; not quite Garrett's height).

SUPER long wingspan. I don't think the video above does it justice. Incredible shot blocker. May be one of the best in his class. Very natural timing and gets off the ground quick. Offensively, he is limited but has lots of tools. Gets buckets purely from his activity (offensive boards/putbacks, loose ball plays, transition, etc.). However, the highlight is obviously just that--a highlight. The kid probably ran the floor for a bucket twice in the two games I saw him, so bear that in mind. While he runs the floor hard, he normally isn't going to be out in front; he'll be there for trail putbacks. He also plays strong; so even though he's lean, he doesn't shy from contact at all.

Overall, my impression of Manyang from that tourney was that he was a high-major talent. He needs some work offensively, but he's so active, rebounds so well, and blocks shots so naturally that he could be a contributor early in the right place. Upon leaving, I honestly told someone I thought he was the kind of kid you could develop and bring along slowly to play the middle of the zone at 'Cuse or Baylor. He's that kind of shotblocker and athlete. His AAU team (Howard Pulley) also had a couple others whose offers/looks were mid-level that I thought could be system HM guys.

Lastly, a funny story: Tubby Smith was at the first of his games that I saw. Manyang got back on D quickly on a fastbreak and waited at the rim for this 6'3" wing from Team Illinois who didn't care about the big man. The wing slow-stepped, cocked it back, and went right at Manyang. Manyang barely even needed to jump to swat this kid's dunk attempt five rows deep in the coaches' section. All the other coaches kept poker faces, but Tubby went into a full-on belly laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X