Who does Mills recruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I feel like we keep hearing that he's primed for a breakout year. He looked like it at the beginning of the year and now can't get on the floor.
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek about next year being a breakout. We keep thinking he'll be ready for prime time soon but just doesn't happen. I like him and seems to have a good attitude, but haven't seen any consistency.

With our luck, he will transfer out, blossom and end up pro in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek about next year being a breakout. We keep thinking he'll be ready for prime time soon but just doesn't happen. I like him and seems to have a good attitude, but haven't seen any consistency.

With our luck, he will transfer out, blossom and end up pro in 3 years.
      Why would any of the bench players stay? If you can't get on the floor with a team that's 1-8, what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Why would any of the bench players stay? If you can't get on the floor with a team that's 1-8, what's the point?
        Who's 1-8!

But I get your point. However, most of those bench players that don't play a fair amount, here, won't necessarily play at a lower level either. After all, as nearly cellar dwellers here, a top team in lower conferences probably won't play them much either. If they are freshmen, you bide your time to play later (assuming the coach still wants you) or go down to an even lower conference.

Comment

If Abidde moves on, and with Ridgnal graduating, I'd be okay to have DeGray and a transfer split minutes at the 4 next season, hopefully with the transfer earning 25-30 of the minutes.

DeGray isn't flashy but he plays hard and seems to have a decent BBIQ.

Comment

Find somebody who can dribble with either hand

Comment

Anyone have a clue about the reputation of our staff as recruiters? I was looking at the bios of our assistants and it doesn't reveal much.
              Paulino - seems more like a development coach
              TJ Cleveland - the only one that mentions being an "adept" recruiter
              Q Acy - he's new to coaching, so no experience recruiting
              Stanjina - listed as recruiting director but his job description sounds more like he coordinates travel. He is from Serbia so perhaps will bring some foreign player connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Anyone have a clue about the reputation of our staff as recruiters? I was looking at the bios of our assistants and it doesn't reveal much.
                Paulino - seems more like a development coach
                TJ Cleveland - the only one that mentions being an "adept" recruiter
                Q Acy - he's new to coaching, so no experience recruiting
                Stanjina - listed as recruiting director but his job description sounds more like he coordinates travel. He is from Serbia so perhaps will bring some foreign player connections.
                I wouldn't mind the occasional Serbian or other Euro being here.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Second the motion

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Or a 6'-9" Aussie...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Here is who 247 has as the Shox 2024 targets that are uncommitted:

Jinup Dobuol is a 6-6, 180-pound Small Forward from Saint Paul, MN.

Anthony Gilkes is a 6-6, 180-pound Shooting Guard from Bradenton, FL.

Khaafiq Myers is a 5-10, 150-pound Point Guard from Philadelphia, PA. He has 4 Offers.

Here is who Verbal Commits has the Shox targeting for 2024 (doesn't include those listed already on 247):

https://verbalcommits.com/players/do...oogle_vignette

Note: It mentions that Jalen Hooks goes to Sunrise, but I don't see him listed on the rosters noted above.
                      From what I can tell, the only player on this list that remains uncommitted and was initially offered by the current staff is Almani Aw.

24/7 says Brandon Crawford was offered in June 2023 but I don't see anything on his feed beyond the initial offer by the previous staff from 2022.

Comment

OSU PG Javon Small and 7' Center Brandon Garrison just hit the portal. Both would be great additions. Get on them quick !

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          OSU PG Javon Small and 7' Center Brandon Garrison just hit the portal. Both would be great additions. Get on them quick !
                          I looked to see if ORU offered Garrison and they did not - at least that I could find. Probably was out of their range pretty early.

Would be great to somehow have a list of ORU offerees that ended up at bigger-ish schools. I would guess if any of those guys get in the portal (Like Cortes) we would have a decent shot at them.

Comment

Josh Cowen of Umass would be a nice add

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Garrison entered with a no contact tag. Probably headed to Oklahoma

Comment

Any portal player is going to be looking for immediate playing time. That means we need to find a couple guards (one PG) in the portal, maybe even a 4. Any bigs brought in are not gonna like sitting behind QB and KP, so these guys need to be young and willing to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X