Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who does Mills recruit?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

    I feel like we keep hearing that he's primed for a breakout year. He looked like it at the beginning of the year and now can't get on the floor.
    My comment was a bit tongue in cheek about next year being a breakout. We keep thinking he'll be ready for prime time soon but just doesn't happen. I like him and seems to have a good attitude, but haven't seen any consistency.

    With our luck, he will transfer out, blossom and end up pro in 3 years.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

      My comment was a bit tongue in cheek about next year being a breakout. We keep thinking he'll be ready for prime time soon but just doesn't happen. I like him and seems to have a good attitude, but haven't seen any consistency.

      With our luck, he will transfer out, blossom and end up pro in 3 years.
      Why would any of the bench players stay? If you can't get on the floor with a team that's 1-8, what's the point?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

        Why would any of the bench players stay? If you can't get on the floor with a team that's 1-8, what's the point?
        Who's 1-8!

        But I get your point. However, most of those bench players that don't play a fair amount, here, won't necessarily play at a lower level either. After all, as nearly cellar dwellers here, a top team in lower conferences probably won't play them much either. If they are freshmen, you bide your time to play later (assuming the coach still wants you) or go down to an even lower conference.

        Comment


        • #79
          If Abidde moves on, and with Ridgnal graduating, I'd be okay to have DeGray and a transfer split minutes at the 4 next season, hopefully with the transfer earning 25-30 of the minutes.

          DeGray isn't flashy but he plays hard and seems to have a decent BBIQ.

          Comment


          • #80
            Find somebody who can dribble with either hand

            Comment


            • #81
              Anyone have a clue about the reputation of our staff as recruiters? I was looking at the bios of our assistants and it doesn't reveal much.
              Paulino - seems more like a development coach
              TJ Cleveland - the only one that mentions being an "adept" recruiter
              Q Acy - he's new to coaching, so no experience recruiting
              Stanjina - listed as recruiting director but his job description sounds more like he coordinates travel. He is from Serbia so perhaps will bring some foreign player connections.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Anyone have a clue about the reputation of our staff as recruiters? I was looking at the bios of our assistants and it doesn't reveal much.
                Paulino - seems more like a development coach
                TJ Cleveland - the only one that mentions being an "adept" recruiter
                Q Acy - he's new to coaching, so no experience recruiting
                Stanjina - listed as recruiting director but his job description sounds more like he coordinates travel. He is from Serbia so perhaps will bring some foreign player connections.
                I wouldn't mind the occasional Serbian or other Euro being here.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

                  I wouldn't mind the occasional Serbian or other Euro being here.
                  Second the motion

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

                    I wouldn't mind the occasional Serbian or other Euro being here.
                    Or a 6'-9" Aussie...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X