• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You don't want much do you?
    Gotta love Spalding...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm optimistic about Abidde. This is his third year as a D1 PF, and that's a year that some big guys tend to start figuring things out. I can only speculate that the previous staff was teaching him plays rather than teaching him how to play his position.

If Acy can teach Abidde how to be a PF and a basketball player, Abidde could be a contributor.

There's likely to be a significant skill dropoff with the second unit in the front court but going

C - 6'11" - 7'0"
      PF - 6'11" - 6'9"

has some possibilities.

I'd still take Collins in a heartbeat, but that could create some PT issues.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well, I'd be happy with two out of three OR just one dynamic PG, PF or shooter

Comment

We really need a Bam Adebayo type center, with 3 years left, from a wealthy family that doesn't need NIL money (in fact needs expenses to write off income) that's agile, great shot blocker, 60/40/90 type triple double machine that loves to spend free time teaching disadvantaged kids to read and raising money to cure cancer.

Then a point guard that's kind of an Oscar Robertson/John Stockton/Stephen Curry mix that's a ready to play freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We really need a Bam Adebayo type center, with 3 years left, from a wealthy family that doesn't need NIL money (in fact needs expenses to write off income) that's agile, great shot blocker, 60/40/90 type triple double machine that loves to spend free time teaching disadvantaged kids to read and raising money to cure cancer.

Then a point guard that's kind of an Oscar Robertson/John Stockton/Stephen Curry mix that's a ready to play freshman.
            Well pretty sure I saw both of those players eating at Station 8 today.

Comment

On the topic of Collins ... A couple pieces of info I found on Daimion that I didn't see mentioned
              • At the beginning of his sophomore year, his dad died. I'm sure that did not help his production on the court
              • 2 weeks before he entered the Transfer portal, his Grandfather died
              • He stated he wanted to move closer to home due to the items above
              • He's from Atlanta, TX.. Atlanta is 3.5 hours from TCU and 7 Hours from WSU. Both reasonably drivable, but TCU does make a lot of sense there.
              I still think this is the type of player you goes balls out for, even if you don't have an "immediate need" at his position.

Comment

I can see Pohto and Germany playing effectively together on offense, but I think it could be a challenge on defense. WSU may be playing 4 guards a lot if they are unable to recruit another tall wing or power forward unless DeGray is eligible or Abidde improves a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Who of the returning players other than KP has the best chance to contribute in our rotation?
                  Bell at the end of the year began to come into the game and play some good minutes, but he still has to be more consistent. After that, probably Abidde comes next (but he usually wasn't very good). Ballard had some decent early minutes (at least showing shot blocking potential), but his injury limited any shown improvement, and Ricks just wasn't good in games. It seems like I may have missed someone but can't remember. I don't have confidence in any of them to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I don't think Noam is going D1 though.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      I can see Pohto and Germany playing effectively together on offense, but I think it could be a challenge on defense. WSU may be playing 4 guards a lot if they are unable to recruit another tall wing or power forward unless DeGray is eligible or Abidde improves a lot.

Does HCPM teams play mostly man to man D or a mixture of that with various zones?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I know a guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If we are going to roll the dice on someone potentially wasting a scholarship ... you can do a hell of a lot worse than collins.
                          Spoken like a person that truly has no idea how recruiting and NIL work.

Does your dad know what you’re doing on here? Your son?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Spoken like a person that truly has no idea how recruiting and NIL work.

Does your dad know what you’re doing on here? Your son?
                            Lol what ? Put down the bottle crazy. Drinking too much for a Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lol what ? Put down the bottle crazy. Drinking too much for a Tuesday.
                              What? Lol.

You keep stirring a pot with zero knowledge and 100% an axe to grind.

Step back. Take a breath. R-E-L-A-X.

Give the man a chance. If come Shocker Madness you aren’t happy, by all means blow him straight to Mars.

At that point you won’t be the only person trying to fire a man whose only indiscretion was taking the Head Coaching Job at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

What? Lol.

You keep stirring a pot with zero knowledge and 100% an axe to grind.

Step back. Take a breath. R-E-L-A-X.

Give the man a chance. If come Shocker Madness you aren’t happy, by all means blow him straight to Mars.

At that point you won’t be the only person trying to fire a man whose only indiscretion was taking the Head Coaching Job at Wichita State.
                                How in the world did you take my post as having an axe to grind lol. I was just stating that Collins seemed like someone you take a flyer on if you can get him. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and relax a bit lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X