No announcement yet.

Zane Meeks 6'9 F Arizona St Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could see Meeks possibly starting at PF and moving to center after the first six minutes giving QB an early rest. RG or Washington replaces Meeks at PF. I see Washington playing minutes at both PF and SF. Beverly starts at SF for sure. I see Washington as his back up with some PF minutes, as well. I see the guard situation as wide open with multiple combinations. I just hope PM can figure out how to keep all the guards happy as all have potential. Should be an interesting season with STRONG NIT potential. Top four in conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I could see Meeks possibly starting at PF and moving to center after the first six minutes giving QB an early rest. RG or Washington replaces Meeks at PF. I see Washington playing minutes at both PF and SF. Beverly starts at SF for sure. I see Washington as his back up with some PF minutes, as well. I see the guard situation as wide open with multiple combinations. I just hope PM can figure out how to keep all the guards happy as all have potential. Should be an interesting season with STRONG NIT potential. Top four in conference.
      Sounds right. Must have another 5-type and just not gonna be able to keep all those guards happy, cause Zion is gonna play I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think 9 hours is full time for a grad student
        It used to be 6, I think.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Meeks averaged 3.6 and 1.2 @ a 'P5.' My realistic hope is he can contribute 10-12 'quality' minutes a game. Defensive liability and plays below the rim. He's no Kyle Wilson but maybe his shooting will translate more effectively in a lower rated conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            Meeks averaged 3.6 and 1.2 @ a 'P5.' My realistic hope is he can contribute 10-12 'quality' minutes a game. Defensive liability and plays below the rim. He's no Kyle Wilson but maybe his shooting will translate more effectively in a lower rated conference.
            He also only played 8 games due to injury. I don't think he's a home run, but i think his stats at San Fran the year before are more likely what we can expect IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Meeks averaged 3.6 and 1.2 @ a 'P5.' My realistic hope is he can contribute 10-12 'quality' minutes a game. Defensive liability and plays below the rim. He's no Kyle Wilson but maybe his shooting will translate more effectively in a lower rated conference.
              He played five games at Arizona State before he injured his ankle and was out the rest of the season. So I’d say those stats don’t necessarily tell us much. He was never a prolific scorer but also never played more than 22 minutes a game, and in those two seasons he averaged nearly 10 points a game. Let’s see how he’s recovered from his injury and what QA can teach him for his final season. He’s not horrible at the line, also not automatic, but he’s definitely not a liability at 72% and I can see him getting to the line several times a game in the rough and tumble AAC, especially if he’s shooting from the perimeter.

Comment

• It's hard to make a comparison to Pohto without seeing him play but there are some indicators.

Pohto was probably better at rebounding than Meeks will be.

I doubt Meeks has Pohto's passing skills, but Pohto's passing wasn't emphasized in Mills' system.

Meeks can hit from 3, which is significant in Mills' system.

If Meeks has anything resembling a game at the basket, he could be an upgrade from Pohto. Pohto got a lot of his points from putting his missed bunnies back in.

Comparing the gains and losses from the portal - Washington, McGinnis, Meeks, Hill >>>>> Pohto, Abidde, Ricks, Rogers. That's before considering positional fixes to problem spots on the roster.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I doubt Meeks has Pohto's passing skills, but Pohto's passing wasn't emphasized in Mills' system.
                  When Pohto can’t hit a three point shot, and therefore force the defender to guard him (instead of sagging back) far from the basket (and opening up passing lanes), passing can’t be as successful. That has little to do with Mills offense.

Comment

• I will be pleasantly surprised if Meeks exceeds KP's numbers

Comment

I will be pleasantly surprised if Meeks exceeds KP's numbers
                      Me too, but Meeks has the skill set to let other players increase their production.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Me too, but Meeks has the skill set to let other players increase their production.
                        KP constantly set high screens and looked for open team mates thus helping their production

Comment

• KP sucked

Comment

Me too! In reality, i'm hoping he can come close.

Comment

There's almost no chance of that. However, we'll all be happy if Ballard + Meeks's composite stats meet or exceed Ballard + Pohto's composite stats. That's a tough ask.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

KP constantly set high screens and looked for open team mates thus helping their production
                                Are you still sticking to your vote that this roster is not an upgrade from last years?

Comment

Working...
                                X