X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Hip Hip Hooray! LET'S GO!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Makes for a nice complement to Ballard. We’ve got different styles we can flex now, from power inside and dunk threat to Meeks’s stretch threat. I’m okay with this. Not familiar with all the stats stuff so can’t really say how solid of a get it is though

Comment

• Definitely higher expectations for this year. Mills get a solid B+/A- for this class. No home runs, but everyone signed seems like a contributor. Last year they all felt like backups (which ended up being true). All of the players except Meeks will be challenging for starters minutes. (That's nothing against Meeks either. He is just behind the most uniquely talented returner)

Comment

• Never Mind Zane Meeks just Committed!!!!! Let's gooooo!

Comment

• Good pick up. Welcome to shocker nation

Comment

• Mills and his staff brought in some impressive players. It will be interesting to see how the prognosticators rate the Shocks recruiting class verses the other AAC teams.

Comment

• Outside of Memphis (important caveat for many reasons) I would think this class has to be the best, or one of the best, in the American this offseason. I know Temple got a couple dudes, too. Proven contributors, many at high levels, up and down. Plus two of the highest freshman WSU has ever signed. This says nothing of performance, though. So obviously that will have to follow the increase in talent.

Great sign for Mills and for our NIL. Many on here have been critical of our NIL and KS by default on that front - Seems like they are going in the right direction there, IMO.

If you were waiting for recruiting chops to become a "Seed Sower" I would hope this might inch you in the right direction - these are good results.

Very interested to see if we add another big, and who it is - if we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Definitely higher expectations for this year. Mills get a solid B+/A- for this class. No home runs, but everyone signed seems like a contributor. Last year they all felt like backups (which ended up being true). All of the players except Meeks will be challenging for starters minutes. (That's nothing against Meeks either. He is just behind the most uniquely talented returner)
                    I agree and honestly. I will take this over 1 Home run and the rest being duds. This feels like a solid start.

Now it's up to Mills to improve in the win column.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It will be interesting when Meeks takes over the PF spot to give DeGray a breather. Ballard as an inside threat. Beverly a threat to drive to the rim, McGinnis and Meeks threats to score from 3, and a legitimate PG to facilitate those possibilities..

Edit: Might have to rethink that. I totally forgot about Washington. Tough to keep track of all the roster turnover every year.
                      Last edited by Aargh; 1 week ago.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• With 7 Seniors, we should be improved. We only had 2 Seniors last Season, and Germany didn't play much.

Comment

• We have some Dance experience too with Washington and then Beverly 2 years ago with Miami.

Comment

• Best Starting Line up if everyone fully healthy IMO :

- Hill
                            - Beverly
                            - Washington
                            - Meeks
                            - Ballard

super sub guards : Mcginnis/Bell
                            super sub 4/5 : DeGray

guard when depth needed : Bijan
                            Big when depth needed : New unannounced NIL receiving walk on big

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                              Best Starting Line up if everyone fully healthy IMO :
                              C’mon, spill the beans… my curiosity is sky high.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                                Best Starting Line up if everyone fully healthy IMO :

- Hill
                                - Beverly
                                - Washington
                                - Meeks
                                - Ballard

super sub guards : Mcginnis/Bell
                                super sub 4/5 : DeGray

guard when depth needed : Bijan
                                I'll comment:

We're in trouble if Beverly is the starting 2 with his .258 3pt %, .655 FT%, and a TO rate more than 50% higher than Rogers.

DeGray at 6'6" is not a 5. At this point, Meeks subs at the 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X