No announcement yet.

Max Abmas 6’0 G Oral Roberts Transfer to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Arch Manning for refusing NIL until he is a starting quarterback. That opened up about 2 million in nil funds. Timing was pretty good as Abmas commits just a couple days after Arch refuses NIL.

Nobody in Austin will even know his name until about late January or February next year.
    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; April 27, 2023, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Yay, now we can stop the prideless fawning over the Summit League “legend”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
        Yay, now we can stop the prideless fawning over the Summit League “legend”.
        Back to fawning over P5 bench warmers instead!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          Yay, now we can stop the prideless fawning over the Summit League “legend”.
          What would you think about a soph PG from the MVC, 3 years eligibility averaging 4.9 points and 2.3 assists? Pass or Get him?
          Last edited by Atxshoxfan; April 28, 2023, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Former HCGM has some recruiting setbacks when he arrived here too. At least he didn’t lose the full starting lineup. As good as Abmas is, the Shocks defeated Oral Roberts at 21st. and Hillside. So HCPM is, and probably was already working on plan B. I still hope KP stays. That would be a splash. I like the St. John pg, but that situation could result where he sits out a year for the fickle NCAA verdicts. Moving on!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I was 100% convinced we had zero chance to land Max, until someone here posted they had 'inside information' that he was ready to sign with us. I took the bait, hook, line and sinker...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• From ORU message board. Sums up what seems like a very poor decision by Max.
                • Golden Eagle
                • Sports: All

Posted 14 hours ago
                Max's commitment to Texas has in 24 hours gone from great news for Longhorn fans to almost irrelevant. Max thought he was signing with a top program on the rise with a new coach that just went to the elite eight... to what is now a program with a fan base that is livid and a coach that is on a very hot seat. They have lost 2, 5-star HS recruits and have no incoming HS players and losing Holland the Texas HS player of the year, McDonalds All-American is devastating. Coach Terry has lost the TX state favorite son and to add insult to injury, Morris a former 5-star HS freshman guard who went into the portal committed to Kansas today, a nightmare 24 hours for coach & TX basketball.

Max is now going into a very, very difficult situation. when the state university losses the state's top player it does not go over well and in Texas it is particularly upsetting! TX has only 2 guards on the roster, a coach who is now getting hammered by the fanbase and this is all in the last 24 hours. Max hasn't even gotten to the Houston, Kansas, Baylor and other Big 12 guards on the court yet!!

Welcome to the Longhorns and Big 12 Max! 7777 S. Lewis probably doesn't look so bad anymore, the grass may not always be greener!
                Last edited by Topshock; April 29, 2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Ehh….He played 4 years at ORU. Made it to two consecutive NCAA’s. He has a bonus year and he is taking his shot. Whether it works out or not I think he made the right choice.

Comment

• ORU is sour grapes.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      ORU is sour grapes.
                      True, but you have to wonder if Abmas is second guessing his decision at this point.

Comment

• I doubt Max or pretty much any college player is gonna worry about that noise the ORU fan pointed out. NIL world Baby. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Texas taking a hard run at Caleb Love. If successful I doubt there will be enough available shots to keep everyone happy.

Comment

• Maybe. But at least there will be enough $$$$$.

Comment

Working...
                            X