• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

sounds like a former player known as Tekele Cotton
    that's sacrilege, but I have my fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
      When did the award begin? Antoine Carr was in the top 10 in the nation and Aubrey Sherrod was in the top 20 if my memory is correct. I cannot imagine them not getting the award if it was around then.
      Ricky Ross from South would have won it over Carr in 1979.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        At this level, I believe that TJ will be a rotation player. He will still be a statistic stuffer who also plays solid D.
        Obviously, no one knows but I will go out on a limb and say that I think he will surprise some people and be much more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Obviously, no one knows but I will go out on a limb and say that I think he will surprise some people and be much more than that.
          I think he will be much more than that before he leaves Wichita State....as long as he doesn't transfer after 1 year.

But this year I expect him to play like a true freshman
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• SHOXAAC, I forgot about Ross. We had some great players back then. Gregg Dreiling was also around at that time.

Comment

• While I think Williams (a 2-3) and Pipkin (a 1-2) can both be very good players for the Shocks, let's not forget that there is a huge log jam of players in front of them that are already familiar with the current Shocker system and/or DI experienced at those positions -- Beverly/DeGray/Cortes/Bell/Joy/Bamba/Hill/ McGinnes/Washington all play 1 or 2 of those 3 positions. I just hope we can keep them here for the following year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                While I think Williams (a 2-3) and Pipkin (a 1-2) can both be very good players for the Shocks, let's not forget that there is a huge log jam of players in front of them that are already familiar with the current Shocker system and/or DI experienced at those positions -- Beverly/DeGray/Cortes/Bell/Joy/Bamba/Hill/ McGinnes/Washington all play 1 or 2 of those 3 positions. I just hope we can keep them here for the following year.
                It is imperative Williams works on his perimeter shot. Today he is not a good shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

It is imperative Williams works on his perimeter shot. Today he is not a good shooter.
                  Compared to our starter Harlond Beverly?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

True. I believe I've might have mentioned that some time ago. In his role with Heights, he was more of any inside player being the tallest (or nearly) of the regular players. He was playing "out of position" for his future in college basketball having to be "Mr. Everything". He is a hard worker. Sure wish Fred could be his shooting tutor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Compared to our starter Harlond Beverly?
                      Rashard Kelly...................tho I believe he'll end up being a nice player for us.
                      Last edited by pinstripers; May 15, 2024, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Rashard Kelly
                        I believe Kelly is out of eligibility!

Comment

• I felt more confident in a Kelly three than a Beverly three.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

If he gives 10-15 quality minutes and progresses throughout his first season then that's a win.

Comment

• Played every position at Heights, even point guard. He is a true hardworking team player that will do what it takes to win.

Comment

• Heights basketball stars TJ Williams and Perry Ellis unite over charitable donation (msn.com)
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X