No announcement yet.

Jaron Pierre - 6'4" SG Southern Miss Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! A stimulating Shocker.net conversation that's free of invective's! Other sport based chat sites should take notice. Oh, wait...

Here's my own humble take: the most important position on the court is whoever the primary ball handler is (or whatever pronoun one wishes to use). HCIB came up a little short in putting a player on the court to fill that spot in his second season vs. his inaugural season at the helm.

Or, stated in objective terms; GGG wasn't quite as successful in the Win/Loss column when had converted combo guards running the team. No? But, on the bright side, we did almost beat Houston this year. Some of our very own Shockernetters can, and do, hang their hats on that.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Racist
      Yes, I am Tucker Carlson...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        Here's my own humble take: the most important position on the court is whoever the primary ball handler is (or whatever pronoun one wishes to use).
        This season, we had a point guard who was more efficient, shot better, rebounded better, blocked more shots, had more steals, and got to the free throw line more often. If anything, he should have played more!

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

porter.jpg
        gilbert.jpg
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This season, we had a point guard who was more efficient, shot better, rebounded better, blocked more shots, had more steals, and got to the free throw line more often. If anything, he should have played more!

porter.jpg
          gilbert.jpg
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

porter.jpg
            gilbert.jpg
            I'm curious how his DNP minutes breakdown is betwen Coachs Decision vs being injured.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
              I’m not going to chime into the race discussion, but I do find the comments about wanting him to display some fire tiring. I care more about his actual ability to coach, and how the players feel under him, rather than his ability to put on a performance on the court.
              Agree with this part. There are many very successful coaches who exhibit a calm demeanor on the sideline. Being "fiery" is not a prerequisite for a successful CBB coach.

IB deserves a lot of criticism. Not being flamboyant and fiery is not one of them.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Agree with this part. There are many very successful coaches who exhibit a calm demeanor on the sideline. Being "fiery" is not a prerequisite for a successful CBB coach.

IB deserves a lot of criticism. Not being flamboyant and fiery is not one of them.
                He doesn't need to be fiery, but it would be nice if he showed some sort of emotion. I'm not the most flamboyant person by any means, but the short time I coached you could still tell I cared and was engaged. I'm not saying IB doesn't care or isn't engaged, but he does often come off that way. Add to that the lack of coaching and accountability last year and it just piles up and makes his demeanor look worse.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He doesn't need to be fiery, but it would be nice if he showed some sort of emotion. I'm not the most flamboyant person by any means, but the short time I coached you could still tell I cared and was engaged. I'm not saying IB doesn't care or isn't engaged, but he does often come off that way. Add to that the lack of coaching and accountability last year and it just piles up and makes his demeanor look worse.
                  There were plenty of examples especially late in the year where HCIB showed plenty of emotion. I think many fans are just so used to the over the top ridiculous nature of 3G (where many fans were more entertained by him than the team) that anything less than that seems like "not enough emotion"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There were plenty of examples especially late in the year where HCIB showed plenty of emotion. I think many fans are just so used to the over the top ridiculous nature of 3G (where many fans were more entertained by him than the team) that anything less than that seems like "not enough emotion"
                    The Mrs. and I enjoyed watching 3G and Lynn about as much as the games… it was often a side-show.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Any news about Jaron Pierre?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Any news about Jaron Pierre?
                        Who?

Comment

Working...
                        X