X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here comes the Kentucky offer

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      That's why they call them highlights. He's less than a 50% FG shooter (borderline criminal for a guy 6'11") 30% from 3 (looks like he's about 90% from 3, yes?)

He turns over the ball almost 3 1/2 times a game indicating way too much ball handling (and you can see it in his inability to pass the ball in obvious situations) and he has very little vertical ability.

He is 6'11" so there's that (and something we need desperately) but IDK. I'd be mildly interested, at best, if my goal is to win at the highest level. If my goal was to destroy the Norfolk States of the world, then yeah, this guy is a killer.

He's got a lot of improving to do to get to this level, but as I stated, 6'11" is 6'11" and you can't teach that and we don't have it either.
      Doc, come on, he didn't miss a single shot in the first video!
      Yeah, definitely like to see a guy that tall shoot > 50% overall. From the looks of how well he runs the floor with and without the ball my guess is that he misses a fair share of those drives through the lane, euro step stuff that was in the video. His form from three looks a little less than crisp (for example, Pohto's got a nice tight repeatable release from deep) so I assume his shots facing the bucket aren't at a high %. But man can he run the court, and his body control appears excellent. If he is getting that many boards he has to have a pretty good feel for angles, etc. (something X had in excess) which hopefully means he has some good BB instincts. 70% from the line is encouraging. Great motor, like to play D and rebound...let's get him.

Comment

"Diarra, who returned from a two-game suspension, chipped in 14 points and 10 rebounds, recording his fifth consecutive double-double.

Curious about a 2 game suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
          "Diarra, who returned from a two-game suspension, chipped in 14 points and 10 rebounds, recording his fifth consecutive double-double.

Curious about a 2 game suspension?
          Saw something somewhere that he was suspended for some incident after the Barton County game. That's all I could find.

Comment

Steve Strain is better than who he is replacing on + but Close is Close! Wish Cindy Close would do the games instead.

Comment

I wasn't able to go, but Diarra had 26 pts and 22 boards last night, as GC beat Hutch 132-127.

Comment

That's a lot of points
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, and Hutch is a top 10 team

Comment

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/junio...nkings-top-100

Listed as the #1 recruit in the latest Top 100 Player Rankings for the 2022 JUCO class.

Comment

A lot of Kansas talent in those top spots.

Comment

RoyalShock Have you seen Buhler play this year? They have an intriguing player.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          RoyalShock Have you seen Buhler play this year? They have an intriguing player.
                          Haven has a 6'6" freshman who can jump and move

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Haven has a 6'6" freshman who can jump and move
                            Related?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Related?
                              to me? No

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

to me? No
                                The only decent players I recall from watching Haven are Jrs and Srs but I wasn’t paying much attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X