Mohamed Diarra - 6'10 C Juco - Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohamed Diarra - 6'10 C Juco - Interest

Sophomore at Garden City CC with three years to play.

https://247sports.com/college/iona/A...ra--177831648/

The 6-foot-10 big man has three years to play and holds early offers from Mississippi State, Fresno State and Iona with Interest from St. Louis, Georgia, West Virginia, Loyola Chicago, Bradley, Pitt, Tulsa, Maryland, Marquette, NC State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Murray State, Wichita State, South Carolina, Oregon and Wyoming.
    “I think the number one thing that makes him a special player is his motor and the way he rebounds,” he said. “He's already set the school's single game rebounding record at 23 rebounds. For the first half of the season he was leading the country in rebounding at 18 a game. He's had some foul trouble the last couple games so it's gone to 14.5 rebounds which is still pretty amazing.
    He also is described as being able to defend positions 1 thru 5.

Could definitely use an athletic big man. Kind of sounds like a 6'10" Monzy. Big time rebounder. And you could play him and Pohto together at times and create some major problems for a lot of opponents. All assuming his game will translate and he picks things up.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Related to the former Cincinnati player?

Comment

Consider me significantly intrigued. Stretch 4 or 5 who is a beast on the boards and can stretch defenses by shooting the 3 and is active on the defensive end. This kid is going to continue to get A LOT of interest.

Comment

That's why they call them highlights. He's less than a 50% FG shooter (borderline criminal for a guy 6'11") 30% from 3 (looks like he's about 90% from 3, yes?)

He turns over the ball almost 3 1/2 times a game indicating way too much ball handling (and you can see it in his inability to pass the ball in obvious situations) and he has very little vertical ability.

He is 6'11" so there's that (and something we need desperately) but IDK. I'd be mildly interested, at best, if my goal is to win at the highest level. If my goal was to destroy the Norfolk States of the world, then yeah, this guy is a killer.

He's got a lot of improving to do to get to this level, but as I stated, 6'11" is 6'11" and you can't teach that and we don't have it either.

Comment

Bio and stats page: https://www.gobroncbusters.com/sport...gamelog&pos=sh

He will be playing at Hutch on Jan 15 and at Butler on Feb 19.

Comment

Comment

And example #412 why no one is paying me to recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Bio and stats page: https://www.gobroncbusters.com/sport...gamelog&pos=sh

He will be playing at Hutch on Jan 15 and at Butler on Feb 19.
                  Hutch is ranked top 5, no?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Hutch is ranked top 5, no?
                    Yes. I think they were #4 on Saturday when I watched them beat Butler.

Comment

He got a lot of things you can work with, and much of that you also can't generally teach a kid of that size unless it's developed naturally before hand. Good handles and a nice looking shot. Runs the court insanely well and appears to have pretty good body control.

I'm not concerned with his overall FG% being under 50% considering he appears to play at on the outside and faces up and shoots a lot of jumpers. If he was strictly an in close, back to the basket type like Mo, it would be a concern.

Definitely someone to keep an eye on. May have to see if I can convince someone to check out the game at BCC with me.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He also plays at Cowley on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          That's why they call them highlights. He's less than a 50% FG shooter (borderline criminal for a guy 6'11") 30% from 3 (looks like he's about 90% from 3, yes?)

He turns over the ball almost 3 1/2 times a game indicating way too much ball handling (and you can see it in his inability to pass the ball in obvious situations) and he has very little vertical ability.

He is 6'11" so there's that (and something we need desperately) but IDK. I'd be mildly interested, at best, if my goal is to win at the highest level. If my goal was to destroy the Norfolk States of the world, then yeah, this guy is a killer.

He's got a lot of improving to do to get to this level, but as I stated, 6'11" is 6'11" and you can't teach that and we don't have it either.
                          Coaches are recruiting the 14+ rebounds per game and his 70% free throw shooting which says "offensive potential".

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            He also plays at Cowley on Monday.
                            Stop tempting me with easily accessible games.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              And example #412 why no one is paying me to recruit.
                              For the record, I wholeheartedly agree with your analysis. It's easy to get wrapped up in short highlight reels. When I looked at his actual shooting percentages I was like oooof. I think you and Shockm are spot on in that he is being recruited for his size, rebounding, and the intensity on the defensive end. I think most coaches believe they can teach and develop the shooting touch, but the other stuff is hard if not impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X