Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Used to hear about position-less basketball a couple years ago but everyone still seems to be locked in to the 1-2-3-4-5 position basketball. Is this the kind of roster that perhaps you move a bit more towards a positon-less approach?
    I think we run 3+ wings at all times next year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• If Taylor is right, and WSU takes a big with the final scholarship, I wonder who the coaching staff sees as the backup PG to CPJ. Perhaps Xavier Bell and/or Jacob Wilson? Bell did play some PG for Drexel his Freshman year.

Or, maybe they'll just run three guards who can handle the ball (even if none of our 2/3s have great assist numbers).

Comment

• Well it looks like Taylor has answered this exact question:

Comment

• Bell goes North and South. In his AAU vids and Drexel vids.

He gon' get a lot of minutes in the backcourt.

Comment

• One thing about the guards that have been signed is I do not see too many dribble around the three point line guys. Aggressive to the basket is what I’ve seen from most highlight videos. I like it.

Comment

• With Taylor’s list above, the starting backcourt might be:

1. Porter
              2. Rogers
              3. Walton

off the bench?:

Bell
              Pierre
              Ricks
              Wilson
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                With Taylor’s list above, the starting backcourt might be:

1. Porter
                2. Rogers
                3. Walton

off the bench?:

Bell
                Pierre
                Ricks
                Wilson
                Once again, on paper, it appears to be a talented enough bunch, and the lineup might be the way it will go, but Rogers still has to be declared eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Rogers still has to be declared eligible.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• CP, Okafor, Walton, Ricks and KP starting

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      CP, Okafor, Walton, Ricks and KP starting
                      I'm awaiting our last ship to sign, but know I will have Colby Rogers in mine and it will be very similar to your list.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        CP, Okafor, Walton, Ricks and KP starting
                        If Ballard can be a serviceable backup at the 5, I think Rojas will be our starting 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If Ballard can be a serviceable backup at the 5, I think Rojas will be our starting 4.
                          You may be right. I'm not sure what our main offense will be, and that could affect who starts at the 4. Taylor E. said that we would be using the "screen and roll" offense, which in the past has 4 out and 1 in, and no traditional point guard (although usually in the past, we've run another offense in addition to that screen and roll offense). The team has to hit outside shots for that offense to work, and then it opens up the driving lanes for playmaking players. That offense would be perfect for Okafor to play one of the wings (as the 4 wing).

Can Rojas shoot the 3 ball, and therefore can play the 4 wing?

We used that offense to perfection in 2018-1019 in the NIT with Markis playing the stretch (wing) 4, Dexter playing the other wing (he actually hit outside shots as a Frosh in the NIT), Mittgard, and Jamie splitting time in the middle, and Stevenson, Burton, and Samajae split time playing the two guard positions at the top.

We took 3rd in the American Tournament in March, and we went to the NIT F4 that year, and our personnel wasn't great. However, we hit outside shots, and it opened up lanes to the middle. Our big guys clogged up the middle defensively, and rebounded well.

We have only won one tournament game in the American the past two years (one two years ago against USF, and none this year), and lost our NCAA Tournament game to Drake the past two years.

Comment

• I do like the idea of 4 wings and one post with this team.

Rojas, Pohto and Ballard in the post

Watkins, Okafor, Ricks at the 3/4 with Pohto sprinkled in on occasion.

Porter, Rogers, Bell, Pierre at 1/2

Abbide and Wilson are a bit of a wild cards, but will have to be dynamic to take minutes from the well traveled veterans.

One to go!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Huh?

19.9 ppg on 39.0% FG% and 30.5% 3FG.. That's a volume shooter who doesn't make many. Did have 3.2 assists and 4.1 boards.

5'10",. 170

Comment

Working...
                                X