Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Unbelievable but obviously not surprising. I realize the NIL played a part...but what worries me most is that he (and our other transfers) don't believe in IB developing a cohesive "winning" program.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Unbelievable but obviously not surprising. I realize the NIL played a part...but what worries me most is that he (and our other transfers) don't believe in IB developing a cohesive "winning" program.
        I can't speak about player intentions/motivations, but one could argue that RCIV wasn't recruited to play for HCIB. There were also rumblings that RCIV would transfer last offseason after WSU won the AAC regular season title and went to the NCAA tournament.

PS: I just noticed your signature does not include the latest NCAAT appearance in 2021 in the list of program accolades!

Comment

• I always had the feeling he was auditioning for his next stop this year. There have been rumors in the KC area that KU boosters had been reaching out to his circle since this summer. He also has a close friend playing for them. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go there.

Comment

• Somebody said he was going to a "blue-blood"...only see one on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              I always had the feeling he was auditioning for his next stop this year. There have been rumors in the KC area that KU boosters had been reaching out to his circle since this summer. He also has a close friend playing for them. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go there.
              If he goes there, he will be dead to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Unbelievable but obviously not surprising. I realize the NIL played a part...but what worries me most is that he (and our other transfers) don't believe in IB developing a cohesive "winning" program.
                How many fans believe in IB developing a winning program?

I'd have loved for C4 to come back as I love his potential, but I also can't fault him.

With that said, I'm done following him as well.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Unless maybe he ends up with Jans
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I stopped caring when he was obviously bag chasing. I've never believed in once a shocker, always a shocker. This might be the best example of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

How many fans believe in IB developing a winning program?
                      Would I put money on IB developing a winning program? Not at this time. However, I am not ready to write him off as a coach after two seasons (one decent, one mediocre).

I am very interested to see how he can improve with this new roster, which will be entirely his (minus Craig). Maybe the fact that these are "his guys" will help him start making some hard personnel decisions? Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        I stopped caring when he was obviously bag chasing. I've never believed in once a shocker, always a shocker. This might be the best example of that.
                        I hate to lose Ricky (we seem to lose each of my favorite players), but I believe he had some 'cling-on's' (Klingon) in his ear...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Would I put money on IB developing a winning program? Not at this time. However, I am not ready to write him off as a coach after two seasons (one decent, one mediocre).

I am very interested to see how he can improve with this new roster, which will be entirely his (minus Craig). Maybe the fact that these are "his guys" will help him start making some hard personnel decisions? Time will tell.
                          We'll certainly learn if he can coach. He'll have a lot of new players to teach our "offense" to. No excuses this time. I wonder he'll try something different.

Comment

• At least he didn’t keep WSU on the list for appearances. WSU can move on for sure now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Ricky would have been a great add, but I'd rather get a backup PG and another PF at this point. We have too many guys in the 2/3 spots as it is.

Current pie-in-sky wishlist: PG: Frankie Collins, PF: Bobi Klintman
                              I agree on the last two ships. We need a true PG. Ideally a young PG. One true PG on the roster simply will not cut it. We also need a rim chewing rebounding machine of a 4.

Comment

• Ricky's bone headed plays made Mo look like the second coming of Mo (Malone, 76ers). Game. After. Game. But, he was hardly the only one. Bone-headed plays are going to happen on any team, but WSU committed more in one game, any game, than all of their opponents combined this year, outside of Memphis.

I like the new infusion of talent. Now go get a legit PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X