Kenny Pohto 6'11 C 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I think you are underestimating Craig Porter. He is a true point guard who was a juco all American.
    He wasn't impressive in 21 for the Shocks in any statistical department (that doesn't mean he can't be going forward) and wasn't what I would consider a leader on the court. Wish he could have played better in March too, but so could have several Shockers. However, if he works as hard this Summer as Mo worked last Summer then he'll be in contention for a starting spot, because there's really not much competition to speak of right now.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 5, 2021, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Agree with all of this.

The only remaining question, and it's not a small one, is who is going to be the point man for the Shocks next year? I'd like to see 'em come up with a good young point guard, unless Qua can give them 20-25 minutes at the point.
      Porter, Jenkins, Etienne, Qua...I feel pretty good about our options at the point, although you can never have too many PGs.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

IB has gone after scoring PGs. Hopefully they distribute too.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          IB has gone after scoring PGs. Hopefully they distribute too.
          Porter is absolutely a distributing pg.

Comment

Getting Pohto is huge. May take a year to get comfortable, but he can do so much for our team we have lacked. Needs to get a little nastier, but man his upside is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I think you are underestimating Craig Porter. He is a true point guard who was a juco all American.
              Well no disrespect against Craig Porter he had a good game against Tulsa at their place. And we all had Hope. But saying he was a juco all American means nothing on game day. Its time to stop talking about his potential and time for him to show us what he can do. I know one thing, we don't need a point guard that is going to shoot 588% from the free throw line. I am not picking on him because there are several players that need to significantly improve their free throw shooting.

Go Shocks and keep grinding this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Porter, Jenkins, Etienne, Qua...I feel pretty good about our options at the point, although you can never have too many PGs.
                Who's Jenkins? Is he good?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Well no disrespect against Craig Porter he had a good game against Tulsa at their place. And we all had Hope. But saying he was a juco all American means nothing on game day. Its time to stop talking about his potential and time for him to show us what he can do. I know one thing, we don't need a point guard that is going to shoot 588% from the free throw line. I am not picking on him because there are several players that need to significantly improve their free throw shooting.

Go Shocks and keep grinding this summer.

I want a PG that shoots 588% from the FT line ....

I'm going to give Porter the benefit of the doubt that his second year, while healthy and not behind Gilbert is going to be drastically better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He has a Chaunce to be really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Kenny Pohto was at the top of my Christmas Recruit Wish list.

He was obviously Recruiting Plan A as Shoxlax would put it, and the reason we passed on Muscadin.

He comes from a Top 5 Prep Program and likely is higher than the 140’s ranking he received from 247.

He is probably the jewel recruit of this class, and has a really high ceiling. I would suspect he plans to contribute immediately, although often Freshmen aren’t as prepared as they think. However, I doubt he will be patient enough to wait two years to be a significant contributor. I hope he develops fast.

IB hit a Homerun out of the park on this one. He will have to manage the problem of talent, possible lack of PT, and personalities but that’s a nice problem to have. He did a nice job of that this year, but next year with the infusion of new talent, he will for sure earn his 1 Million + dollars.
                        I think we just found out Plan A for another big.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I want a PG that shoots 588% from the FT line ....

I'm going to give Porter the benefit of the doubt that his second year, while healthy and not behind Gilbert is going to be drastically better.
                            I hope your right. History at WSU shows juco players improve their 2nd year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I'm a greedy SOB... I want "Chuks" and a 4-headed monster...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Very relieved. I was one who was not thrilled with the early recruits so thrilled I can now calm down. Congrats to Coach IB and staff for staying on this young man and bringing him to the Shocks. He is the type player that can bring a lot of future success.

Comment

Working...
                                X