2021-22 Scholarship Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    From The Athletic yesterday -- Sounds like IB is looking for a high school guard and likely won't use the 13th scholarship. I've heard of several other coaches electing to only use 12 this coming season.

As the only true point guard on the roster, Porter should have an opportunity to get minutes. Brown is still after another guard, but he seems committed to his older guys.

“I need a young guy to groom,” he said, adding he hopes that’ll be a high school recruit. He doesn’t plan to use his 13th scholarship.
    With the way the portal works .. makes sense. Swing for the fences on the 13th scholarship ... if you land a top top guy, great! .. if not, hold it because people can enter the portal at any time. Rarely do you play all 13 players and if you aren't playing them those 13th players are likely the ones to transfer out anyways.

Comment

From The Athletic yesterday -- Sounds like IB is looking for a high school guard and likely won't use the 13th scholarship. I've heard of several other coaches electing to only use 12 this coming season.

As the only true point guard on the roster, Porter should have an opportunity to get minutes. Brown is still after another guard, but he seems committed to his older guys.

“I need a young guy to groom,” he said, adding he hopes that’ll be a high school recruit. He doesn’t plan to use his 13th scholarship.
      Are we at twelve now? I was thinking eleven, but not sure?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Are we at twelve now? I was thinking eleven, but not sure?
        11. Sounds like 12 will be a young guard.

It makes sense not to use #13 for a couple reasons. 1) could help with locker room. keeping 13 guys happy in today's game is an impossible task. 2) saves the athletic department $20-$30K when they need it badly. 3) does give you the chance to grab a mid-season transfer if the right situation arises.

Comment

Has anyone heard about who our walk ons might be for next year? I am curious if any local kids are being considered.

Comment

It makes sense not to use #13 for a couple reasons. 1) could help with locker room. keeping 13 guys happy in today's game is an impossible task. 2) saves the athletic department $20-$30K when they need it badly. 3) does give you the chance to grab a mid-season transfer if the right situation arises.
            4. Allows you to spread out classes when they are compressed.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

12 would be a young guard indeed.

Comment

Updated the grid.

Nice to see that the Shox have increase the average height on the roster from 6'4.4" last season to 6'5.6". I think the athleticism and rebounding have definitely improved. Hopefully the shooting has improved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You could be right. Although they are both upper classmen and he would just be a freshman. He would still get minutes. But, if his impression is that he wants to play 25-30 minutes a game, he won't be coming for sure. If he is realistic, then WSU would be a good spot.
                  We're most likely done with our recruiting for this year. So, for everyone, just how many of those juniors and seniors do you think will be here a year from now? No names need be mentioned.

Comment

After looking at the grid, I see that the biggest competition will be to see who gets to wear #2 on their uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                      After looking at the grid, I see that the biggest competition will be to see who gets to wear #2 on their uniform.
                      Haa! I noticed that as well. Guessing it's Porters. I see that Chaunce is #11 so Pohto might need to find a new number.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We're most likely done with our recruiting for this year. So, for everyone, just how many of those juniors and seniors do you think will be here a year from now? No names need be mentioned.
                        I am guessing one or possibly two of the Juniors to be in 2021-22 will leave either as graduate transfers or to pursue professional opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I am guessing one or possibly two of the Juniors to be in 2021-22 will leave either as graduate transfers or to pursue professional opportunities.
                          I could see Dex and Mo moving on after this year, having spent 4 years in the program. They can both make money in Europe if they desire. Would love to see them stay though.

Comment

Working...
                          X