2021-22 Scholarship Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    isn't porter a sophomore? Thought he only spent one year at Vincennes?
    His first year, Vincennes won the NJCAA Championship, and his team was 23-5 his Sophomore year, but the National Tournament was cancelled due to Covid 19.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

No, he played two years of juco. Maybe you are confusing him with Jackson who did only play one year of juco?
      Yea probably.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Roster is taking shape nicely. I am a bit concerned about the large Junior class that is building. I still think the Shox need to target Freshman and Seniors with the final schollies if possible.

My preference would be Muscadin, a HS guard, and either hold the final scholly or use it on a senior grad transfer.

Comment

If I had to guess, I would say that Muscadin won't be coming here because we now have Pleasant and McFarlane in addition to Udeze. But I could be wrong.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            If I had to guess, I would say that Muscadin won't be coming here because we have Pleasant and McFarlane. But I could be wrong.
            You could be right. Although they are both upper classmen and he would just be a freshman. He would still get minutes. But, if his impression is that he wants to play 25-30 minutes a game, he won't be coming for sure. If he is realistic, then WSU would be a good spot.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Roster is taking shape nicely. I am a bit concerned about the large Junior class that is building. I still think the Shox need to target Freshman and Seniors with the final schollies if possible.

My preference would be Muscadin, a HS guard, and either hold the final scholly or use it on a senior grad transfer.
              There's nothing to say all players want to take their extra year. We shouldn't forget that the upcoming year will be Dex and Udeze's 4th year in the program. And the other juniors have been in college just as long. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a few "Juniors" decide they are ready to graduate and make money overseas after next season.

Comment

I know I have been on the pessimistic side but we have gotten two decent bigs and a PG.
                After watching this years dance it seems obvious to me we now need to focus on
                shooters / scorers. TE is the only one I have much confidence in - in that regard
                which makes us to easy to defend as a team. Have to have at least one shooter
                on each wing to spread the court and hopefully Pleasant can present a threat as a
                stretch four.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

There's nothing to say all players want to take their extra year. We shouldn't forget that the upcoming year will be Dex and Udeze's 4th year in the program. And the other juniors have been in college just as long. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if a few "Juniors" decide they are ready to graduate and make money overseas after next season.
                  With the way the transfer portal is shaping up .. I think class structure matters a lot less than in the past. Much easier to fill holes with experienced players

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    I know I have been on the pessimistic side but we have gotten two decent bigs and a PG.
                    After watching this years dance it seems obvious to me we now need to focus on
                    shooters / scorers. TE is the only one I have much confidence in - in that regard
                    which makes us to easy to defend as a team. Have to have at least one shooter
                    on each wing to spread the court and hopefully Pleasant can present a threat as a
                    stretch four.
                    Agree and hopefully that’s exactly what we got with Grant and Pleasant.

Tyson and Dexter are the two returners I count on to knock down threes. I’m close to putting Council in that group.

I think Jackson has the potential to be a 33-35% guy if he works on it. I would take that.

No idea what to expect from Porter or Jenkins.

Etienne, Dennis, Grant, Pleasant, Council, and Jackson shooting > 34% would be a huge improvement especially if a couple of them could get close to 40%. We’ll see if that happens or not.

Comment

If iit really is a one time transfer rule, the large numbers of transfers will level off at some time. Coaches will all be competing for the first time transfers (because if they transfer again, they have to sit out) Then high school and Juco recruiting will pick up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        If I had to guess, I would say that Muscadin won't be coming here because we now have Pleasant and McFarlane in addition to Udeze. But I could be wrong.
                        Muscadin and McFarlane are similar players, but Pleasant is totally different. I hope we still have a chance at Muscadin (who fits IB's statement of having a 3 headed Monster at the 5). Neither of them is a stretch 4 at this time, but with added skills, perhaps one of them could become one in a year or so. With both of them as Freshmen and Sophomores, they have a year to learn that.

Comment

MikeKennedyRulZ , take the following as you want, just making a suggestion. For player positions, how about using 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and where a individual plays multiple positions, have what we think will be the primary position as the first number such as 1/2 or 2/1 and so forth. DD is a 3, RC4 a 3/2 (?), as some is a guess, but gives a better picture of our position strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            MikeKennedyRulZ , take the following as you want, just making a suggestion. For player positions, how about using 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and where a individual plays multiple positions, have what we think will be the primary position as the first number such as 1/2 or 2/1 and so forth. DD is a 3, RC4 a 3/2 (?), as some is a guess, but gives a better picture of our position strengths and weaknesses.
                            Great idea ShockTalk. I’ll update tomorrow.

Comment

Do we have any high schoolers signed? I can't remember being this late in the spring and not having one.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                                Do we have any high schoolers signed? I can't remember being this late in the spring and not having one.
                                Nope .. but with 1300+ players with DI experience able to be picked from .. it's probably a lower priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X