Jarrod West 5'11 PG Marshall Grad-Transfer to Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    I can't really get into this guy until we know what AG is doing. If I was the coaching staff I'd be pursuing him too, because really that's yourchance with someone who wants to make a decision in late March. The way his A/TO numbers have improved is impressive. His highlight reel doesn't jump off the page at me, but then again I don't think FVV's or Malcolm Armstead's would have either.
    I think they have to know by now what AG is thinking or they would 't be seriously after this guy. Could be wrong, but it seems we are seriously in the hunt.

Comment

Comment

With CPJ leaving, this might make sense even if AG comes back
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          With CPJ leaving, this might make sense even if AG comes back
          Who would play where? AG, DD, and TE plus a grad transfer PG? I can't see that happening.

Comment

Well I hope either AG stays or we land this guy. Having 0 PG's would not be ideal lol.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

GET THIS GUY!!!

Comment

Wouldn’t surprise me if Tyson played some point next year. Doesn’t look like we’re recruiting any freshman PG’s for next year so maybe we look JUCO, a younger transfer, or perhaps the dark horse Chauncey Jenkins to fill out the position.

Comment

Even if AG were to come back, I'd rather have West running the team.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Even if AG were to come back, I'd rather have West running the team.
                    My point is I doubt we have 2 guys here for 1 year fighting for the same position.

It is one or the other. If West doesn't come then we better beg AG. Don't know that better immediate options would come along.

We don't need a PG that is playing out of position (Tyson....etc) or some inexperienced PG trying to do it all in year 1.

IB is on the clock now! Make something happen!​​​​​
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Doesn’t look like we’re recruiting any freshman PG’s for next year so maybe we look JUCO,
                      I wouldn't be surprised if we looked juco, but we have offered a Terry Roberts and Elijah Jamison listed on here for 2021, that we know about, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are others we don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

My point is I doubt we have 2 guys here for 1 year fighting for the same position.

It is one or the other. If West doesn't come then we better beg AG. Don't know that better immediate options would come along.

We don't need a PG that is playing out of position (Tyson....etc) or some inexperienced PG trying to do it all in year 1.

IB is on the clock now! Make something happen!​​​​​
                        I agree with this. West and AG are in the same class. Both have one year left. I don't see West coming here to play backup to AG. One or the other in my opinion.

Comment

Agree with everyone else that Gilbert and West doesn’t make sense. Why would Gilbert stick around to play reduced minutes when he could go make money? Why would West come play reduced minutes or SG when he has plenty of schools after him. It’s possible but I think the chance of both those guys being on the roster is very low.

Tyson would be a fine back up PG IMO. He’s smart, a good ball handler, and has the entire off season to learn the position. I still think we need a third option just in case of injury and for next year. A talented freshman would fit that role well.

Comment

My whole point was I'd rather have West than Gilbert.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              My whole point was I'd rather have West than Gilbert.
                              I’m in complete agreement on this.

Comment

I'd be VERY surprised if this guy were to walk into a situation where he would not start or a situation where he would be second fiddle to another player, especially as a true PG.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X