Brandon Gardner - 6'7" SF Class of 2023 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry but that’s bullshit. Our highest recruits ever, were Aubrey Sherrod, Antoine, and Dreiling. They were all Mc Donald’s AA. Evans was never an McDonalds AA,
    So he was ranked top 25, but not consensus, and therefore did not play in the McDAA. He was consensus top 40.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

So he was ranked top 25, but not consensus, and therefore did not play in the McDAA. He was consensus top 40.
      Evans didn’t even get the Kansas High School Gatorade Award or Parade All American Fourth Team which was a Top 40 Award. How was he Consensus Top 40?
      https://basketball.realgm.com/highsc...by-season/1997
      Last edited by Shockm; March 22, 2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

where?

Comment

Evans didn’t even get the Kansas High School Gatorade Award or Parade All American Fourth Team which was a Top 40 Award. How was he Consensus Top 40?
          One-year letterwinner for the Longhorns ... decided to forego his senior season and become an early-entry candidate for the 2001 NBA Draft ... versatile swingman with outstanding athletic ability ... solid offensive rebounder ... transferred from Wichita State University on May 4, 1999.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I thought Conner was a top-40 guy. I realize he transferred in so maybe that doesn't count though.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Maybe this doesn't count either?

Comment

Well, according to this, Brett Mc Fall received the POY in Kansas.

Comment

I looked it up on the Gatorade website and Evans was indeed the Kansas Gatorade Player of the Year in Kansas.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

McFall won Mr. Basketball, which is a different award.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Well, according to this, Brett Mc Fall received the POY in Kansas.

I get it. When Mo Evans was a freshman, you had to buy Street and Smith and Blue Ribbon magazines to get recruiting information. This predates Rivals, and McDs AA was THE standard. Evans wasn’t a burger boy, but he was damn close.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I believe Bob Gibbons was the first

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I believe Bob Gibbons was the first
                          Blog post of thousands of words with dozens of players in an off colored font. You had to read the whole thing to pick up gems like, “Toure Murry scored 15 points in his session 1 game for Houston Elite.”
                          Livin the dream

Comment

He published an annual booklet I subscribed to. Shaq was #1 overall. Shawn Kemp was a #1 overall, Ralph Sampson, etc.

Comment

I get it. When Mo Evans was a freshman, you had to buy Street and Smith and Blue Ribbon magazines to get recruiting information. This predates Rivals, and McDs AA was THE standard. Evans wasn’t a burger boy, but he was damn close.
                              My memory was that Cliff L., X McDaniel, and Mo were all Top 100 and were ranked similarly. X and Cliff were in the 60’s,

Just to complete the thoughts from these ratings, Brett McFall went to Wyoming U. as Mr. Basketball in Kansas, and averaged 6.0 a game for his career. I don’t remember McFall being Top 100, but I only paid attention to the Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the last top 50 guy we caught was Dreiling I suppose
                                Sherrod was top 10, at worst.

Evans was a consensus top 50 for sure. Surely he was top 25 in a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X