No announcement yet.

Chauncey Wiggins - 6'8" PF Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I could find. Could be any number of things knowing Thompson. That era was a disaster. I don't remember him being any sort of problem on the team.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Yep. Smiths two years at WSU coincide with Wiggins last two years.
      Interestingly, in the 93-94 Shocker media guide, it mentioned that Wiggins had been dismissed from the team in July. However, Smith was listed and had a full player page in that guide. He was gone before the season started. There was a lot of turnover. The media guide only listed 11 players, including Smith and freshmen Jamie Arnold, Darin Miller, Terrence Flowers, and Dorian Estell (he redshirted that season). Sports Reference listing 4 more players which I assume were all walk-ons, none of which were on the next year's team. The 94-95 team had 7 new players.

Comment

Well he did graduate. Hopefully, he’s open to Gregg and the program now.

Comment

I remember the incident vividly but that was in the past and no need to rehash those days.

Comment

Good article (whether ShockingButTrue thinks so or not) on 90's players relishing the Shocker Final 4 run. Lots of quotes from both Wiggins and John Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Good article (whether ShockingButTrue thinks so or not) on 90's players relishing the Shocker Final 4 run. Lots of quotes from both Wiggins and John Smith.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...le1112683.html
              Why would I think an article about celebrating a F4 is not good? It's alwasys good to hear from Shocker Hoop alums. The Blob was just in a favorable mood because he was enjoyin' the amenities of course, if that's what you mean. So yes, it was refreshing not to hear (or read) "yeah, but, we just don't know how good they really are..."

But I follow WSU and not Lutz, see? Your hunch was "little" ill-timed.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 6, 2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                He played only 3 years, but looks like he graduated from WSU the following year with a B.S. in Computer Science.
                Yeah and I know one of the guys helpin' him with his homework, semester after semester after semester after semester ...
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  All I could find. Could be any number of things knowing Thompson. That era was a disaster. I don't remember him being any sort of problem on the team.

Capture.JPG
                  "It was a HAND EXERCISER!"

I'll leave it at that.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Do we take our chances with two Chaunce(y)s ? I think so

Comment

he's a big time player

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Do we take our chances with two Chaunce(y)s ? I think so
                          Probably not a chance but a fine family.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Probably not a chance but a fine family.
                            You're probably right, but I have a feeling HCIB has it in him to reel in some big time recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

You're probably right, but I have a feeling HCIB has it in him to reel in some big time recruits.
                              Not what I meant. I meant that we are probably not taking a chance on this recruit because he comes from a fine family.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Not what I meant. I meant that we are probably not taking a chance on this recruit because he comes from a fine family.
                                An honest misunderstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X