Chauncey Wiggins - 6'8" PF Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chauncey Wiggins - 6'8" PF Class of 2022

Courtesy of wichshock65, the Shox are showing interest in this 6'8" PF out of Grayson High School in Covington, GA (class of 2022). The 4* prospect currently holds offers from South Florida, UAB, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Missouri State, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and Kennesaw State. Interest picking up from Maryland, Miami, Arkansas, Purdue, Wake Forest, Georgia State, Ohio State, and Texas in addition to WSU.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...wiggins-256323

Hmmmm. He's from Georgia. His dad's name is Michael. Is he the son of the former Shocker, famed for his strange-but-deadly hook shot?
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      Hmmmm. He's from Georgia. His dad's name is Michael. Is he the son of the former Shocker, famed for his strange-but-deadly hook shot?
      Never mind. He is!

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Nice!! I hadn't put the two together. Hopefully that helps to sway things this way.

Comment

Looks like his Mom played at Missouri State.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...ct/5467902002/

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Never mind. He is!

Chauncey's definitely got my attention now!

Comment

I thought his pops was gonna' be the next Cliff Levingston. What the hell was I thinking? Guess I'm just a homer.

He graduated from WSU? I don't remember that. Did he play all 4 years?

Comment

Wiggins was a decent player. Played during the Cohen years, if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  I thought his pops was gonna' be the next Cliff Levingston. What the hell was I thinking? Guess I'm just a homer.

He graduated from WSU? I don't remember that. Did he play all 4 years?

He played only 3 years, but looks like he graduated from WSU the following year with a B.S. in Computer Science.

Comment

Michael Wiggins averaged 26 and 24 minutes his first year. It appears he must have been injured his second year. The stats don't have any minutes for his 3rd year but he must have played as much because his yearly stats don't change. Some people must remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Michael Wiggins averaged 26 and 24 minutes his first year. It appears he must have been injured his second year. The stats don't have any minutes for his 3rd year but he must have played as much because his yearly stats don't change. Some people must remember him.
                      He missed the last half of his sophomore season with mono. He became a starter mid way through his freshman season and was a starter thereafter. Since I don't remember the situation, I won't speculate, but he was dismissed by Thompson the summer between his junior and senior year. There was and continued to be distractions on that team. Whether he was a cause or a casualty of those distractions, I don't know. It would appear that the rest of his life has been very stable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He missed the last half of his sophomore season with mono. He became a starter mid way through his freshman season and was a starter thereafter. Since I don't remember the situation, I won't speculate, but he was dismissed by Thompson the summer between his junior and senior year. There was and continued to be distractions on that team. Whether he was a cause or a casualty of those distractions, I don't know. It would appear that the rest of his life has been very stable.
                        Was John Smith on that team?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Was John Smith on that team?
                          Yep. Smiths two years at WSU coincide with Wiggins last two years.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I remembered that there was some ugliness, but my lasting impression of Wiggy was that he was a good-natured, good-character guy who played hard. Not surprised that he's been successful.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I seem to recall getting geeked because he had a good game in a rare win over Tulsa when he was freshman.

Comment

Working...
                              X