This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antoine Carr Junior?

My brother called me this morning and told me that AC has a son playing varsity ball in San Antonio as a freshman. He told me that he's 6'8" and 230 averaging about 25 points a game? Has anyone heard this also or should I put icy hot in my brother's underwear? If this is true, Marshall's best recruiting class yet will be Juniors when the recruiting for this kid starts heating up...nice.

Pretty sure it is true. I have heard something to that affect.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Nothing in the Rivals database on him. Tried doing a quick Google search but I don't feel like weeding through all the links to Big Dog in order to try to find something on Big Dog Jr.

If this is true, and the kid is legit, I'm happy to know we have a coach that would go after him unlike the last coach and the last son of a legend we may have had a shot at.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sometimes when you anticipate watching a UFC or boxing fight card, all the buzz is about the "Main Event".  However on any given day the und...

Halfway down. A.J. Carr. No stats or anything, but apparently he exists.
        There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Holy awesome stix!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I guess I can put the icy hot away?

Comment

According to James, Anitione's brother, he is a Freshman averaging 30 and 20 for the Varsity at his HS in San Antonio.

Comment

This is true. A lady close to the family bid on some of my Antoine Carr ball cards and called me and told me she was giving them to Antoine's boy and I told her we will see him at WSU some day and she said no way. She sent me pictures on the internet of him and I sent them on the Greg. Dont know if he has followed up on him or not.

Comment

Central Catholic is an analog to Collegiate (at least 20 years ago when I was familiar with it) - small, elite, and expensive. I.e - it's not uncommon for a talented freshman to play varsity, but still a quality program. They sent a power forward to Texas last year. One of my best friends is a CC alum that has many connections to the athletic department, I'll check with him and maybe catch a game.

Comment

This may end up being the mother of all threads - even bigger than EO's - if he shows interest in the Shox.

Comment

If we make some noise in the NCAA this year, and again next year, and again the following year. I don't see why a door to this kid would be closed. I don't see us having too big a fall off next year despite what we're losing. We'll simply be a different team, but I don't think 3G plans on having to rebuild anything. Reloading is the term to be used around here. If we do that, considering the connections to the family, I'd give 3G and staff a fair shot at this kid.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Just going to throw out there that some kids of famous players, sometimes don't like following in their parent's footsteps so they won't be compared too heavily to them. However, AC is so famous, I bet jr. will get compared heavily no matter where he goes. I sure do hope that as long as the kid is of the talent level that we recruit at, he'd give us a shot. (and by at the talent level we recruit at, I meant hopefully he isn't lower in skill than we recruit, not the other way around.)
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          This may end up being the mother of all threads - even bigger than EO's - if he shows interest in the Shox.
                          It would take Texas holding his test scores and then AC2 attending a juco and then some Chuck Norris comparisons to get it even close.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Smaller than EO, but bigger than Chedder.
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Sometimes when you anticipate watching a UFC or boxing fight card, all the buzz is about the "Main Event".  However on any given day the und...

Comment

Working...
                              X