Signing Day On April 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It won't be an LOI. That much we know. I assume he is locked up when he signs a financial aid agreement although perhaps he is not locked up for sure until he enrolls. Maybe Taylor will report on that. Either way I'm not too worried about it.
    WSU already announced his signing (which would be financial aid not LOI)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

WSU already announced his signing (which would be financial aid not LOI)
      Good deal.

Comment

Here is what Gregg Marshall has to say on all six of Wichita State’s 2020 signees

Comment

It would appear Gregg has been anticipating Dexter’s departure from the beginning of the year based on his quote regarding Council’s signing:

“Coming in as a wing/guard, he can get to the cup and finish, as well as shoot from distance. He’s a Dexter Dennis-type player who had a strong senior year under Coach Greg Motley.”

Of course, all of us had thoughts of Dexter leaving after his sophomore season, but due to an NBA-worthy second season, not because of whatever the heck went on this past season. Regardless, props to the staff in landing all of their major targets, or at least the majority of them as best we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            It would appear Gregg has been anticipating Dexter’s departure from the beginning of the year based on his quote regarding Council’s signing:

“Coming in as a wing/guard, he can get to the cup and finish, as well as shoot from distance. He’s a Dexter Dennis-type player who had a strong senior year under Coach Greg Motley.”

Of course, all of us had thoughts of Dexter leaving after his sophomore season, but due to an NBA-worthy second season, not because of whatever the heck went on this past season. Regardless, props to the staff in landing all of their major targets, or at least the majority of them as best we know.
            Based on what? I don't see anything there that says he was "anticipating" Dex leaving. I think you are reading too much in to that quote. He just says he's a Dex type player. That doesn't mean anything about Dex potentially leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Based on what? I don't see anything there that says he was "anticipating" Dex leaving. I think you are reading too much in to that quote. He just says he's a Dex type player. That doesn't mean anything about Dex potentially leaving.
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                I’m not basing it on that quote alone but I think the fact Gregg has been recruiting someone who has “Dexter Dennis-type” skills is illustrative that, 1) he likes having those types of players on his team and, 2) he knows he’s got to look for more of those types of players, especially because Dexter is going to leave at some point.

Taken in the aggregate with other comments he has made publicly, he’s taking a different approach with this next roster. Part of that is re-balancing the roster across the classes. And one could assume that he’s also looking for a different collection of athletes that make up his roster, to include far more athletic wings like Dexter.

But, as we have all discussed here before, he is constantly recruiting and according to the article, he has been on this kid for at least a year. I’m not saying that Dexter’s departure is imminent, merely pointing out that this time last year the vast majority of SN posters were anticipating Dexter having a great season, possibly to the extent he might leave for the NBA. And I’m assuming Gregg was thinking the same thing based on his constant public comments about Dexter.

Comment

Working...
                X