Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alterique Gilbert 6'0 PG UConn Grad-Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Man, Hurley has really lost his touch. WTH is going on over there? Good grief, start the coaching search now. Anybody got any suggestions for a replacement?
    That guy at Furman is starting to get some looks I heard.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Man, Hurley has really lost his touch. WTH is going on over there? Good grief, start the coaching search now. Anybody got any suggestions for a replacement?
      Man that’s a good one. Love Sid Wilson, but there were a lot of problems off the court for him. Plus he was one of our former coach’s recruit, so Hurley never recruited him. Hurley definitely didn’t handle it in the best way, but he just couldn’t fit a role on our team. He’d be a great get for you guys, if you pursue it. Tall, athletic, and with the right coach, can be very good.

As for UConn and Hurley, trust me, hasn’t lost his touch. I think he has confidence that he can get two recruits that he wants for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by UConnforLife View Post

Man that’s a good one. Love Sid Wilson, but there were a lot of problems off the court for him. Plus he was one of our former coach’s recruit, so Hurley never recruited him. Hurley definitely didn’t handle it in the best way, but he just couldn’t fit a role on our team. He’d be a great get for you guys, if you pursue it. Tall, athletic, and with the right coach, can be very good.

As for UConn and Hurley, trust me, hasn’t lost his touch. I think he has confidence that he can get two recruits that he wants for sure.
        Bluzrover was being sarcastic and reacting to a few negative Shocker fans. Good luck, and beat the crap out of Cretin next year.

Comment

Just an fyi... there's 'a lot' of sarcasm here recently...

"That is all"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

To add on to what Shockem said, he was also as just mocking the National writers and Twitter folk making comments from their ivory towers.

I think Hurley and Marshall are two peas in a pod. I’d love to get a yearly H/H on the books with UConn.
            The Assman

Comment

• UCONN is the reason WSU was added to the AAC.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                UCONN is the reason WSU was added to the AAC.
                The Big 12's flirtations with just about every AAC school (UConn being low on that list) is why Wichita State was added. It was expected there may be a defection and there wasn't. UConn's problem is they're just not a powerhouse without a powerhouse coach.
                When ESPN bought out the Big 12's pro-rata clause, the landscape changed. The conferences that grew to 14 & 15 schools saw that it wasn't necessarily for the better. The "brands" they gobbled up are underperforming in their new settings. The monetary incentive to grow just isn't supported by the new wave of contracts.
                With their lack of basketball bellcow production, UConn was more an anchor to the other schools that were building up in the AAC. Wichita State actually ended up being UConn's replacement before UConn was actually replaced. That lost production needed to come from somewhere.
                Last edited by StunningSteve; April 4, 2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Actually UConn was probably our biggest proponent to be added to the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

The Big 12's flirtations with just about every AAC school (UConn being low on that list) is why Wichita State was added. It was expected there may be a defection and there wasn't. UConn's problem is they're just not a powerhouse without a powerhouse coach.
                    When ESPN bought out the Big 12's pro-rata clause, the landscape changed. The conferences that grew to 14 & 15 schools saw that it wasn't necessarily for the better. The "brands" they gobbled up are underperforming in their new settings. The monetary incentive to grow just isn't supported by the new wave of contracts.
                    With their lack of basketball bellcow production, UConn was more an anchor to the other schools that were building up in the AAC. Wichita State actually ended up being UConn's replacement before UConn was actually replaced. That lost production needed to come from somewhere.
                    UCONN was reportedly restless and regretting their decision to follow football into another football conference instead of staying in the Big East. The AAC went looking for a basketball only school to balance Navy and placate UCONN. UCONN wanted WSU, so WSU was added to placate UCONN.

Not that it mattered in the long run.

edit: in fact, UCONN was pretty high on the hog after winning the National championship and WSU had just completed the first undefeated regular season in a LONG time. Louisville was leaving for the ACC and basketball was looking pretty sparse with the AAC adding Tulsa and ECU to make up the gap. UCONN was the big fish in the conference at the time and the AAC was doing whatever they could to keep them.
                    Last edited by shock; April 4, 2020, 05:29 PM.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; May 3, 2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• We've got Dex, Etienne, and Wade back. We've got an actual PG coming in to work with those guys. Replacing Echenique won't be easy. I think Bilau has a higher ceiling than JE. Whether he achieves that ceiling is the question today. If he moves toward that ceiling this year, we may not miss JE.

We may have a potential NBA SF backing both Udeze and Wade.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Worth reading. I’m happy for Alterique and glad he’s a Shocker.

Over a year ago, Wichita State senior point guard Alterique Gilbert hit his low point. Gilbert, then at the University of Connecticut, sat out of the Huskies’ game against Temple due to personal reasons.   Gilbert had missed games before but this one was different. In the months that followed, Gilbert opened up about the mental...

Comment

Working...
                                X