Petition to rename the sub forum to Tropicalshox Recruiting Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    We all appreciate what Shocks02 has done. But isn’t that like saying they shouldn’t have named Rupp arena after Rupp because it is disrespectful to Calipari?
    It's a valid point, and Trop was next level for sure -- not just in organization but in duration. He put in the effort for a looong time.

I'm not saying "no", but I don't want to disregard other people's effort at the same time. It's worth of a healthy back and forth.

If I am a recent addition to the board or a new Shocker not registered yet (or especially a media guy/fan from another board) and I see:

Wichita State Men's Basketball
    Wichita State Baseball
    Tropicalshox Wichita State Recruiting

I'd be really confused.

I'm just not sure where the happy medium is?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's a valid point, and Trop was next level for sure -- not just in organization but in duration. He put in the effort for a looong time.

I'm not saying "no", but I don't want to disregard other people's effort at the same time. It's worth of a healthy back and forth.

If I am a recent addition to the board or a new Shocker not registered yet (or especially a media guy/fan from another board) and I see:

Wichita State Baseball

I'd be really confused.

Let's face it. You're often confused. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wichita State Baseball

I'd be really confused.

Maybe add something on the beginning of "Discuss future and potential Shocker athletes" like "In Memory of tropicalshox"?
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Shocks02 used in an analogy with Calipari. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Shocks02 used in an analogy with Calipari. Nice!

I am the slimy scumsucker of hoops recruiting!

Comment

How about "The Shocks02 Slimy Scumsucker Hoops recruiting report in the TropicalShox Recruiting Forum" kinda just rolls off the tongue eh?

Comment

I don’t visit a lot of boards, but do recall seeing many “Memorial” forums.

I also understand the precedent of naming one and not any others, but think people could figure it out.

Comment

If a memorial thread title would be confusing, then I question where your degree was earned.
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    If a memorial thread title would be confusing, then I question where your degree was earned.
                    Mine was Chikaskia River Ele-Hi-Sity.

Comment

Yeah. Me too. Souf Broadway Holla!
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Yeah. Me too. Souf Broadway Holla!
                        I thought of transferring there, but my Noodling for Catfish course wouldn't transfer.

Comment

Better ways to make your fingers stink than grabbing a fish.

Comment

Better ways to make your fingers stink than grabbing a fish.
                            But at least the fish is predictable.

Comment

True story

Comment

True story
                                NO TRUE STORIES RELATED TO THAT. NOT WHERE I CAN READ THEM.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X