Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevin Wade 5'10 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a 5 PM CST announcement tonight.

Comment

Did we know he is Trey's brother?

Comment

If he has two years left, probably best to RS his.

Even out the classes; both player-wise and position-wise.
        The Assman

Comment

Looking at his game log, almost half of the games have only 1 minute listed as played. Obviously, this is bringing down his MPG average a ton. Of the games that are listed correctly, he played close to 40 minutes and shot 14 times per game while averaging 17 points. He was named 2nd team NJCCA All American. His athletism for his size is off the charts (reminds me of Daishon Smith). Hard to imagine he would join our roster knowing there is another JUCO PG already signed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Did we know he is Trey's brother?

Most thought there was some connection. I never heard it was his brother. If he brings the same attitude and work ethic as Trey, I'd want him on our team. My only concern in now 2 JUCO PGs in the same class ...

EDIT: Potentially could be 3 SR PGs next year if he signs and Gilbert gets his waiver for an extra year (if he even wants it)

Comment

Also POY for the GCAA conference. Nothing on his Twitter about any offers, but TE did mention we would be bringing him in on a scholarship. (Before the speculation of joining Trey as a walk-on)

Comment

If Trevin commits here, which is seeming more and more likely, then either they plan on having Porter play more at the 2 or someone is redshirting.

Comment

Like the fact that Coach Marshall has addressed the point guard position already and if he signs another good one that is fine for our program. Based on Trey, he will have good character and work ethic, he is super athletic, and looks like a tough hard nosed defender. In my opinion, we have been playing combo guards at the point for the last few years and it has made running our offense inefficient at times. The games we lost last year (besides Cincy at home) were mainly due to offensive woes. We shall see if he wants to be a Shocker later today?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    If Trevin commits here, which is seeming more and more likely, then either they plan on having Porter play more at the 2 or someone is redshirting.
                    I'd find it hard to believe Trevin would commit to WSU where his brother is playing and then redshirt ... missing the 1 year he would get to play with Trey. Craig Porter appears to be the better of the two. I was expecting Etienne to get heavy minutes at the 2.

I need to go back and relook through the roster ... We will have an interesting sized roster next year.

Comment

How awesome would it be for the Wade family to make one trip and get to see two of their boys! I love this kid's tenacity. He's a potential big time sleeper, IMHO.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

FWIW... https://twitter.com/kelmoney24/statu...588226562?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

I think that probably seals it. Welcome Trevin!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think that probably seals it. Welcome Trevin!
                            Just one domino?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Just one domino?
                              The domino post was from March 29th either right before or right after Gilbert announced. He just added on to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The domino post was from March 29th either right before or right after Gilbert announced. He just added on to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X