Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevin Wade 5'10 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard young man. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He'll be a 7 footer by the time Pin is done with him!
      We neeed every bit of 8' 6"
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He'll be a 7 footer by the time Pin is done with him!
        I thought 5'10" was a stretch

Comment

Why do I get excited as hell for every single recruit I see sign lately?

Anyway I say we got ourselves a shot maker, shake and Baker! I really liked his timing and creativity with his footwork and how it helped him create space for himself in multiple occasions. I really liked his trigger off the bounce along with step to the sides, etc. That's a confident shooter.

He's hungry. Let's make him angry!

Comment

At the 3:43 mark, did he flip up a right handed, 15' runner?

Comment

Let me add in the proper Shockernet degree of cynicism. He only seems to (mainly) do one type of 40" dunk. Lame.

Comment

Comment

Watched a full game today (Georgia Highlands has several games on their YouTube channel.). Watched Gordon State game. Trevin dropped 5 treys in the first half. He looked great, although he made a couple of bad turnovers against the press. He threw a couple of wild hook shot passes when double teamed that went over the intended target out of bounds. Much better in the second half.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

Can we get this Trevin Wade thread combined with the Trevin Wade thread in the Wichita State Men's Basketball topic? Thanks.

Comment

He reminds me of Spud Webb, but Spud was 5'-7" (if even that) with a 42" vertical. I remember watching him play in the 1982 NJCAA tournament in Hutchinson and couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was definitely the talk of the tournament.

"My top memory was when I was the team host for Midland (Texas) in 1982. Spud Webb garnered a great deal of pretournament publicity. He was only 5’ 6” and could dunk? The fans really wanted to see this. In the first game, no dunks and the suspense was building. Part way through the second game he got a steal, knocking the ball toward the Midland basket. He caught up to it as he crossed the center line and was all alone. The crowd was standing as he elevated and slammed it through. He didn’t disappoint and the Sports Arena erupted.” –
                          Joe O’Sullivan"

75th Anniversary Q&A: Tournament Testimonials - NJCAA

Best Dunks in NBA History | Stadium Talk

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

the Juco tournament was fabulous to watch back then!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              the Juco tournament was fabulous to watch back then!
                              Yep, unfortunately, it's lost some of its luster.

I remember Spoon James, Walter Berry, Mitch Richmond, Paul Pressey, Nolan Richardson and many more. One of the crowd favorites was San Jacinto College... I believe their cheer squad was called the 'San Jans'; they were easy on the eyes and always put on a solid half-time performance.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

San Jac came in at 74-0

Comment

Working...
                                X