Jamahri Harvey, 6'4" G, 2020 to UNC-Wilmington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfan View Post
    Looks like Harvey and Council IV stock really has risen because of their play this senior year. Put them together with Michael and that would be quite a trio.
    How would that fit in with 3G's stated desire to avoid stockpiling too many similar players all in the same class. All three are 6-5 wings aren't they?

Comment

Harvey is a combo guard, not?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Harvey is a combo guard, not?
        I think he is and he probably would be a good fit. But not sure they would bring both him and Council in based on 3G's comments.

Comment

Harvey will sign with Wichita State...I'm pulling an Oz on this one

Comment

I'd be happy for the Shocks to sign one from this group. Actually, I'd like 2 of them but being greedy could cause another log-jam.

Murray, Harvey, or Council. Can't go wrong from signing from this list.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Harvey plays point, Council IV plays 2 guard, and Michael plays small forward.

Comment

His list of suitors is underwhelming.

Am I missing something with this kid? Good AAU numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

How would that fit in with 3G's stated desire to avoid stockpiling too many similar players all in the same class. All three are 6-5 wings aren't they?
                  There's nothing wrong with recruiting too many from the same class as long as you redshirt a couple of them. The question then is, will the players that were redshirted become better players their redshirt freshman year, or would it be better to just wait the following year to recruit a couple of first-year freshmen?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

There's nothing wrong with recruiting too many from the same class as long as you redshirt a couple of them. The question then is, will the players that were redshirted become better players their redshirt freshman year, or would it be better to just wait the following year to recruit a couple of first-year freshmen?
                    I have no problems with redshirting but how many guys will want to sign on with the idea that they want to redshirt their 1st year in the program. Ron Baker did that and it worked out great for him. In fact, if I recall 3G had some discussions with Ron about nixing that plan but Ron stuck to his plan. I actually think many of these incoming freshman would be helped greatly if they took that route. It pretty much has the same effect of holding back a scholarship except you know that the scholarship is taken and the player is learning in your system against D-1 athletes. But since 3G has said he doesn't force anyone to redshirt this is a call that is ultimately made by the player.

Comment

If he can play point, might be a good insurance policy. I hate to bring it up, but Gilbert has had a lot of injuries in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

Burton attacked the rim... So pump the breaks... Wish Dexter would do it little more often.
                        He attacked the rim...and got stuffed 90% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Perhaps I should have paid more attention, but I don't remember a single drive-and-dish. When Burton attacked the rim, there was no Plan B.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Perhaps I should have paid more attention, but I don't remember a single drive-and-dish. When Burton attacked the rim, there was no Plan B.
                            Both are exaggerations, but Aargh much less so. And no, I'm not going to spend my time to prove it.

Comment

Could it be?

Shock Talk to JB = Asiseeit is to AM?

Maybe.

Comment

JB made some big time shots, no question.

JB also missed some bunnies, no question.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X