Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I don’t think we need a world beater at center. Just give me a guy who can run, jump, play defense, and catch the ball and dunk.
    Agree with your list but would like him to be a good free throw shooter and solid post moves when left in single coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Who is it that says this kid is a PG?

IIRC your initial point was that we needed to bring in another PG who could fill in at the point in a pinch or something to that effect. I and others have suggested we may have a couple of guys already on the roster who might be able to do that adequately.

The question is not 'who says Chaunce Jenkins is PG?' but is he capable of filling in at the point in a pinch. Same thing might be said about Tyson Etienne.

As far as Chaunce goes here is one source who thinks he might be able to do that:

Chaunce Jenkins '6'2 150 2020 Menchville High School, Newport News VA   Chaunce is a lengthy 6'3 guard capable of handling the ball at the point guard and running an offense and also scoring off the wing.' He has a long wingspan and broad shoulders on a frame that suggests a lot of vertical growth […]

Chaunce is a lengthy 6’3 guard capable of handling the ball at the point guard and running an offense and also scoring off the wing. He has a long wingspan and broad shoulders on a frame that suggests a lot of vertical growth potential. As his body fills in he’s going to become a difficult matchup for opponents given his versatility and skill. Chaunce is a sensational athlete with trampoline-like bounce. He has a quick first step and an explosive last step making him tough to stay in front of on the drive or defend around the rim as he can elevate and score over or around defenders using his length and athleticism. Not a flashy ball handler but solid, making good decisions and pinpoint passes. Chaunce varies his speeds and stays quick and low as he attacks the paint off the crossover or inside out dribble move. Also has a nice hesitation dribble move. He is a willing passer on the move and understands how to set his teammates up for good looks off his dribble penetration.

Here is another more recent article the refers to exactly what you were wanting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...er/ar-BB11SUwQ
      Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans told the Eagle that "Jenkins was honestly one of my favorite prospects still available this spring", “If he would have played in the Nike circuit next month, it would have made it extra difficult for Wichita State. He was going to blow up.
      “He’s a super-talented, giant guard that can make shots, handle in a pinch, but most of all is an athlete. I think he can be a star at the next level.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Good to know that there is someone who thinks he is capable of running the point. Had not seen that anywhere. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Good to know that there is someone who thinks he is capable of running the point. Had not seen that anywhere. Thank you.
          I really hope he doesn't have to run any point with Gilbert and Porter in the fold. I think those two can absorb the 40 minutes a game at the point quite well. But Chaunce might be a candidate if the Shocks found themselves in the pinch we hope they will avoid.

Comment

Injuries, fouls, flu, you can count on it.

Comment

I don’t think we need a world beater at center. Just give me a guy who can run, jump, play defense, and catch the ball and dunk.
              I think you just described Bilau, but left out - can hit from deep.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I think you just described Bilau, but left out - can hit from deep.
                That’s my hope. I would still feel more comfortable with one more guy who fits that description for depth purposes.

Comment

That’s my hope. I would still feel more comfortable with one more guy who fits that description for depth purposes.
                  Definitely need another 5. I'd hate to go through a season with Poor Bear, Bilau, Wade, and a Fr being the options in the front court.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                  X