JaDun Michael 6'5 wing, 2020 to Elon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    rumor is he might go prep next year because his shoulder isn't going to be ready to play.
    This was a point I was going to make. Taylor pointed that out in one of his tweets. Taylor had also responded to one of my tweets several days ago that he didn’t expect JaDun to have immediate impact next year because of his shoulder. If he’s got to rehab a shoulder and won’t play much, if at all, why not stay close to home?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
      Does it really matter if COVID-19 was the central reason for Michael de-committing from Hillside High. I had an employee resign a couple of weeks ago due to her not having a consistent wifi signal in her community for her to work from home, which my company has done for 2 weeks now. I told her she could work in the office, even though her position isn't considered essential. She then said her and her husband really wanted her home with the kids being out of school. I found out today she is working for another company in my industry, which is healthcare. At the end of the day, I don't give a crap why she left. I bid her (and paid her) a fare goodbye and I won't give it another thought. Those that want to be a part of a culture, come on in, as the water is fine. Those that don't, get gone now better than later.
      “Hillside High”? That’s kinda insulting coming from a WSU grad/fan.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

“Hillside High”? That’s kinda insulting coming from a WSU grad/fan.

Sorry, was just in a mood. Trying to be cool dude in a loose mood.

Comment

• Jadun.....Goodbye, good luck, wish the best for you, but I also would tell you to not let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            Jadun.....Goodbye, good luck, wish the best for you, but I also would tell you to not let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.
            Too much salt is bad for blood pressure...

Comment

• I absolutely believe and respect his reasons for decommitting. If either he or his parents get this disease, it would be really bad to be 1,000 miles away from where they would want to be. It's not likely we're going to be completely clear of this virus by the start of the fall semester or even the start of the basketball season.

We got a late start in fighting the virus and that's biting us in the butt as we are seeing some of the highest infection rates in the world. It is absolutely legitimate to be concerned about how the virus will be affecting America this fall.

There are a bunch of absolute idiots who still think it's a media plot to panic the public to bring Trump down, and those who think it's just something like the flu, which they never worry about, and those who don't believe it will affect them too bad because they're young. Those people are not following the guidelines to prevent spread and they will spread the virus.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• With Gilbert and Porter... This kid was going to be next Fernandes and most likely transfer candidate...I think both sides saved face this time... Good luck to him

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                  With Gilbert and Porter... This kid was going to be next Fernandes and most likely transfer candidate...I think both sides saved face this time... Good luck to him
                  Interesting, I was under the impression he was a SG/SF more than PG.

I was watching the Ricky Council and Chaunce Jenkins tapes again last night. I think one or both of those guys should be able to come in and provide something similar to what I expected from JaDun.

Also, I wonder if there were conversations about parking him at Sunrise for a year after he hurt his shoulder. That’s just a wild ass guess but Taylor’s comments that he might go to a prep school in NC got me wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    From Taylor:

Monday produced more news for WSU’s 2020 recruiting class, as Marshall confirmed to the Eagle that fall signee JaDun Michael, a 6-foot-5 high school wing from Burlington, North Carolina, was released from his letter of intent with WSU.

“I think people forget that I’m not even 18 yet and with everything that’s going on in the world right now, I didn’t feel comfortable leaving so far from home,” Michael told the Eagle.

“Things happen and with the virus outbreak and this kid being 17 and his parents and he not wanting to go halfway across the country, as a parent you can certainly understand that,” Marshall told the Eagle. “We only want people who are both feet in. We like JaDun a lot and we respect he and his family and I’m going to let him out of his letter to pursue another opportunity and wish him the absolute best.”

WSU was able to still stockpile a pair of long, athletic wings coming out of high school in its recruiting class with Council IV and Jenkins. Meanwhile, Michael said the situation worked out best for both sides because now the three-star prospect is able to reopen his recruitment and still play in the 2020-21 season.

“It’s love from both sides of the relationship,” Michael said. “Coach Marshall knows that I love him and I have love for the program. I for sure wanted to be a Shocker. I just wasn’t comfortable traveling so far away with how the world is right now. If not for that, I would be a Shocker.”

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                    Bush League plain and simple. Using the virus as an excuse. He and his supporters see/perceive his stock is rising and they think they can get an offer from a more high profile program, don't let this virus reason fool you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

Bush League plain and simple. Using the virus as an excuse. He and his supporters see/perceive his stock is rising and they think they can get an offer from a more high profile program, don't let this virus reason fool you.
                      What do you base this on? First hand knowledge or hearsay?

Comment

How is his stock rising with a shoulder injury that’s keeping him out for several months?

some of y’all get so bent out of shape because a 17 or 18 year old kid doesn’t want to play for your favorite team.

Comment

This post certainly is bush league.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

This post certainly is bush league.
                            The old Shockernet "contrarian" KCShox strikes again...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

With a bum shoulder?

Doubtful.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

With a bum shoulder?

Doubtful.
                                We did bring in several players with similar style of play and play the same position.

Comment

Working...
                                X