No announcement yet.

Trey Wade 6'7 F 2019 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an amazing final piece to this foundational recruiting class !

This signing will cue the beginning of a very long six months full of ridiculous and pointless comments....based on nothing but nervous anticipatory energy.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 5h5 hours ago More
    • Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Taylor Eldridge Retweeted Grant Sherfield
    Trey Wade told me that seeing Sherfield commit to the Shockers on Tuesday mattered to him. They were on their official visits together and hit it off.

Comment

• You just described nirvana!

Comment

• By mid season I think many will be chanting... In Grant We Trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 5h5 hours ago More
          • Copy link to Tweet
          • Embed Tweet

Taylor Eldridge Retweeted Grant Sherfield
          Trey Wade told me that seeing Sherfield commit to the Shockers on Tuesday mattered to him. They were on their official visits together and hit it off.
          Who would thought that could have been a factor.

Comment

• A reminder to those that didn't know like me. Trey Wade is top 20 among Juco Transfers this year
            The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates

Comment

• mattdalt
              mattdalt commented
              Editing a comment
              Southwest Missouri State lands the #2 juco transfer?

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Ford has also added 2 grad transfers: Lamont West and Anthony Bonner

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              From South Plains, no less, matt. Actually, the School Formerly Known as SWOMO has had some juco success in recent years -- Alize Johnson, for instance, who would have been a solid addition to lots of teams in leagues stronger than the Valley -- but it hasn't translated to as much success on the court as the Hillbillies no doubt would have hoped.

We'll see if this crop works out differently under the Ford regime. Dana had great success weathering the dismal situation at Tennessee State when he took over there, and he went from five wins his first year to 20 his second. But after that he backslid toward .500, and that's where he stayed his first season in Springfield. It's also a good bet he isn't going to pick up an extra 15 wins this season as he did his second year at TSU.

Getting back to Wade, he isn't likely to help WSU pick up 15 more wins this year, either (although WSU IS one of the rare programs to have actually experienced an unbeaten regular season, so 3G knows firsthand about such a record). But there's plenty of reason to hope he'll make the Shocks better than they were, and get them back in the tournament they're more accustomed to participating in come March.
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; April 21, 2019, 01:13 AM.

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
            A reminder to those that didn't know like me. Trey Wade is top 20 among Juco Transfers this year
            https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-...p-100-rankings
            He moved up quite a few spots when they updated that in the last day or two. He had been #23.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Wasn't Torres #4 last year?

Comment

• Kashman
                Kashman commented
                Editing a comment
                The only site i saw him listed, he was at 33

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

He moved up quite a few spots when they updated that in the last day or two. He had been #23.
              Yep. I checked yesterday and he was still #23. I hope that adjustment was already in the works before he committed. Otherwise, it's more evidence these rankings use poor methodology.

Gaige Prim was several spots lower yesterday.

James Rojas of Hutch was sitting below Wade, around #25, and still showed his commitment to Buffalo. Today he is #5.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Wasn't Torres #4 last year?
                According to this cage preview he was. It was compiled well after his sophomore season ended. But to be fair, none of the other players on the list did anything that I know of:

juco.jpg

Comment

• At the risk of raining on Mr. Wade's parade I think he has an up hill battle. Don't know what is in his
                  heart or much about his defense but if he wants to play much he better be able to defend bigger
                  four players. I am pretty sure TA is a much more accomplished offensive player and will play at least
                  25 mpg. I think the investment in DG is a larger one since he potentially has four years to serve and
                  they are going to want to find out fairly quickly how he looks against D1 competition. My guess is DG
                  will have the inside track so Wade has to demonstrably prove to be the better player or GM will go with
                  the youth who appears to be more athletic and have a greater upside. Of course, this is just MY opinion.
                  The three spot will probably be just as difficult to crack. If Mr. Wade ends up being the #2 at either
                  position he will be a very valuable player but he has stiff competition at both.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    At the risk of raining on Mr. Wade's parade I think he has an up hill battle. Don't know what is in his
                    heart or much about his defense but if he wants to play much he better be able to defend bigger
                    four players. I am pretty sure TA is a much more accomplished offensive player and will play at least
                    25 mpg. I think the investment in DG is a larger one since he potentially has four years to serve and
                    they are going to want to find out fairly quickly how he looks against D1 competition. My guess is DG
                    will have the inside track so Wade has to demonstrably prove to be the better player or GM will go with
                    the youth who appears to be more athletic and have a greater upside. Of course, this is just MY opinion.
                    The three spot will probably be just as difficult to crack. If Mr. Wade ends up being the #2 at either
                    position he will be a very valuable player but he has stiff competition at both.
                    I don't believe 3G puts much value on class of the player, it is who "gets it" and "gives it." There is more time to develop Gordon than Wade, so the sense of urgency is there with Wade. Who "gives it" will probably have more minutes to prove they "get it."
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think Gregg gets the best players who wanna do it the right way. Players shouldn't be promised playing time... You are on scholarship for an opportunity to develop your skills and showcase your talents in order to one day profit from those potential talents.

• The good thing about Wade is he's had 1 year at the D1 level so he knows what to expect. His numbers match up to Allen's frosh numbers. Torres didn't have that, and it showed.

If the guy ends up our 6th or 7th man that means we're going to have some really good depth next year. I look for him (Wade) to get significant minutes next year, not necessarily "start." Hope he plays good enough D to match up with the other guys' 4's. 6'5" 4's can be potential match-up problems to get where we want to go. Those other guys aren't playing 6'5" 4's, for the most part.

Comment

• No matter how you cut it, there's going to be minutes split something like 24/16 at several positions. Dennis will get more. Then there will be 3 guys used at Center. That's going to leave two guys game time contributions being making butt prints on the bench.

In the next two years, we lose 3 guys to graduation, Echenique, Midtgaard, and Wade. There are going to be some guys in the 6'6" and under group who might be looking at a lot of bench time before they see the court.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                        What an amazing final piece to this foundational recruiting class !

This signing will cue the beginning of a very long six months full of ridiculous and pointless comments....based on nothing but nervous anticipatory energy.
                        Guess I'll get it started then... last year's class wasn't foundational?

Lotsa' size.

#M8ketheAmericanGreatAgain

Comment

Working...
                        X