Kuany Kuany, 2019, 6'10" to Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
    I understand the love for Wade but I believe Kuany deserves a little more attention. Here are highlights from a December game against James Wiseman and Memphis East. Kuany is a regular in these highlights. Unfortunately I couldn't locate a box score

He is long, athletic, coordinated and appears to have good touch inside 15' with some range mixed in. Also, with his length and athleticism, Id be amazed if he wasn't a good shot blocker.

Watch "CAUTION: Memphis East is in TROUBLE Against Prolific Prep | Game Recap!!" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/GaXZ8Kk1i7U
    The play by play guy is worth the listen on his own.

"Loaded like a baked potato. Bring your bacon bits"
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
      I understand the love for Wade but I believe Kuany deserves a little more attention. Here are highlights from a December game against James Wiseman and Memphis East. Kuany is a regular in these highlights. Unfortunately I couldn't locate a box score

He is long, athletic, coordinated and appears to have good touch inside 15' with some range mixed in. Also, with his length and athleticism, Id be amazed if he wasn't a good shot blocker.

Watch "CAUTION: Memphis East is in TROUBLE Against Prolific Prep | Game Recap!!" on YouTube
      https://youtu.be/GaXZ8Kk1i7U
      This guy would be great. It’s just a little hard to see where he would fit in since we already have 4 posts.
      Livin the dream

Comment

We could change our scheme and play two bigs and three guards

Comment

Wufan I agree with your post (and aargh's) earlier in this thread that he profiles as a stretch4 more than a 5. After watching every video I can find on this guy ... I struggled to come up with a good comp. Paschal Siakam might be the closest skill set wise and you don't let roster politics get in between you and Paschal Siakam.
          ​​​​​​
          PF is our last need and this guy looks to be an incredible fit. I'm not sure where we stand with him compared to TCU and Nevada. Also not sure if KSU is still involved.

Comment

I would say that there must be mutual interest according to this article

Marshall and his staff have one open scholarship for 2019. WSU has been targeting wings capable of guarding power forwards, a search that has led to interest in prospects such as junior-college transfer Trey Wade, 6-foot-10 freshman Kuany Kuany and Stony Brooks graduate transfer Akwasi Yeboah.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              An OV would cement the fact that both have high interest.

Kuany chose Cal over Nevada and Washington State.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Kuany chose Cal over Nevada and Washington State.
              Mark Fox has not had a good track record with tall, lanky bigs. He has his most success with undersized, versatile bigs like Yante Maten, Marcus Thornton, and Nemi Djurisic.

Comment

Working...
              X