No announcement yet.

New Recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always shudder a little when I see descriptions on here of what coaches are doing with "recruits." While I am confident our coaches are following the rules, something could get accidentally reported or misinterpreted on a message board that leads to closer scrutiny by the NCAA. Perhaps the three guys going into the Champions Club with Coach Jans were some former players of his?

FWIW, I am paid to spot problems and analyze worst-case scenarios, so maybe I see ghosts where none exist.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
      You are getting off subject. I want to know who the 3 recruits were at the game last night
      The kid from Topeka (Ty Modupe) who signed with Illinois State was there with a friend or two. He is 6'7" and weighs about 200. The kids with him were much smaller.

Don't know that he was anywhere near any of the Shocker coaching staff, but he sat in Section 102, Row 13.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
        I always shudder a little when I see descriptions on here of what coaches are doing with "recruits." While I am confident our coaches are following the rules, something could get accidentally reported or misinterpreted on a message board that leads to closer scrutiny by the NCAA. Perhaps the three guys going into the Champions Club with Coach Jans were some former players of his?

FWIW, I am paid to spot problems and analyze worst-case scenarios, so maybe I see ghosts where none exist.
        Fear not, young Padawan. The dept has a really, really good compliance office that keeps everything straight.

So basically, you're Ben Stiller from "Along Came Polly." Interesting...
        Jocks & Jills
        3236 N. Rock Rd
        Wichita, KS 67226
        316-260-9800
        http://www.jocks-jills.com
        http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

No, just an employment lawyer.

My point is, sometimes a little discretion in posting goes a long way.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Yes, but I think much discussion on a board about an 8th grader that is 6 years away from even starting for a D-1 team is overkill.

There are so many reasons why an 8th grader might appear to be talented at that particular age, that almost none of them might still exist when they are a senior.

The gain height, coordination, skills at different rates, and rarely does it even out until they become college aged.

Comment

In two years the elite from the class of 2012 will start making headlines on Rivals and Scout. There is a chance Perry might not develop in those two years and just turn out to be a top 150 or so player. But chances are he will be one of the elite. Discussing him is over not kill. In fact, the only reason not to be too excited is his statement about wanting to leave Wichita.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Unless the size growth has helped his game (5-6 inches in 1 year), I've heard from players that played against him at Brooks say he was not very good and when I mention him as being a top player now they can't believe it. Has anyone seen him play lately?

Comment

I talked to the tallest of the 3 young men at half time and he told me he was from Hutch JUCO. True or false that is all I know.

Comment

Rivas maybe?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Might have been Bobby Maze.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        Might have been Bobby Maze.
                        Not positive, but didn't Bobby Maze already make a commitment somewhere?
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think he committed to Terrapin U

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                            Yes, that sounds correct. I actually hope it was Maze and he's having second thoughts about his Maryland commitment... that would cause another Gary Williams meltdown.
                            :good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                              That's correct.

And when he said he spoke to the tallest one I figured it wouldn't be a guard.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

All three were taller than Maze......

Comment

Working...
                                X