Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big question mark right now is obviously defense. He had some good blocks in the highlight videos, but we know zero about his ability as a defender.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• kcshocker11
      kcshocker11 commented
      Editing a comment
      If theres one thing 3G can teach better than anyone its D! Keep the faith.

• CJ Lufile looks good in a practice video. The real test comes in his ability to learn a system and play defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    CJ Lufile looks good in a practice video. The real test comes in his ability to learn a system and play defense.
    CJ Lufile was also a part of teams that went 65-10, went to a F4, had an undefeated season and earned a 1 seed, if I may backhand compliment your backhand compliment.

It takes lots of pieces to get the puzzle put together.

Comment

• Honest question: any resemblance to Eric Hamilton? High hopes, instant offence, but could not find a home on the floor.

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not think I would describe Hamilton as instant offense. He was instant energy, for sure. Just wasn't channeled in the right direction most of the time. To my limited view and untrained eye I would wager that all else aside Bilau appears to have much better hands.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Hamilton had a head problem that made his skills irrelevant.

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
      Honest question: any resemblance to Eric Hamilton? High hopes, instant offence, but could not find a home on the floor.
      You really never know for sure. Not a lot to go on but I have high hopes. Among other things that have me thinking positive about JoB is the various comments we heard about how impressed the coaches were with this young man OFF the court. Until proven otherwise I am feeling good about JoB.

Comment

• Not being too hyped. But it's gonna be very crowded in the paint for Memphis's big man. Loving it.

Comment

• So apparently Cold has disappeared from his mind all of his perceived injustices committed against Teddy.

Comment

• Having watched some game film (many of Spire's games are on YouTube), I think his biggest challenge will be adjusting to how hard he needs to go on every play on both ends of the court. That's to be expected to an extent, of course, but he tends to be slow to recognize that a shot is up and therefore is often too late to work for the rebound. It's not "young Durley/Morris" type sloth: It's clear that he's got an engine. It's just that the engine doesn't run on every play. This could also be a byproduct of just not having played for very long.

Those hands, though. Guy catches everything and transitions to ball-handler very quickly and fluidly. When his defensive and rebounding instincts catch up to his offense, we'll be looking an NBA-level talent.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              CJ Lufile looks good in a practice video. The real test comes in his ability to learn a system and play defense.
              C.J. Lufile didn't have offers from Wake Forest, Georgetown, K-State, Illinois, Penn St, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Kansas, etc.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That should temper our expectations for at least this year. It also explains why he looked like a 5-star recruit in the highlight vid - playing mostly mop-up minutes. Still excited to see what kind of player he develops into.

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's why Mrs. Phlash always waits to see them in front of 10,000 before she decides if she's buying or selling.

• Yep, he has skills but he’s never really played high level b-ball. He’s way behind our other guys and prob a redshirt candidate.

Comment

• I'm buying, but do figure he'll take a bit of time. I think he'll have some issues with lateral quickness and therefore more fouls and less PT because of it. But he looks to me if he works hard and listens to our awesome staff, he'll go to the NBA.

Comment

• I think he has NBA potential but will definitely need to work on skills. Playing time will be earned by playing defense. Euros typically struggle with this. The sooner he figures this out the better and then the sky is the limit.

Comment

• it sounds like he doesnt have a "motor". it usually takes some time to acquire that asset.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                        I think he has NBA potential but will definitely need to work on skills. Playing time will be earned by playing defense. Euros typically struggle with this. The sooner he figures this out the better and then the sky is the limit.
                        I don’t think skills are an issue. It’s surely more about learning to play hard and be in the right position.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X