Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am reminded of the sage advice of Dan Quayle, "The future will be better tomorrow." Little doubt our present would have been better with Teddy.

Businesses that are always focused on the future often run out of cash.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BOBB
      BOBB commented
      Editing a comment
      Hardly a nonsequitir. Not my fault if you cant make the connection.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      https://media.giphy.com/media/lz67zZ...GH0s/giphy.gif

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      Your post didn’t really follow the reality of the situation, thus non-sequitur. If we willingly replaced Allen with Bilau then maybe I could see your point.

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    I am reminded of the sage advice of Dan Quayle, "The future will be better tomorrow." Little doubt our present would have been better with Teddy.

BOBB,
    You do make the occasional comment that generates a chuckle on this end.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• We are definitely spoiled. Remember a few yrs back?
      Just think of those recruits we used to Goo Goo Gah Gah over. (Not naming any recruits in particular) . Now look at our Freshmen lineup. And we still want videos. HAHAHA.
      Love our future. #goshockers

Comment

• Windiwu
        Windiwu commented
        Editing a comment
        Isaac Humphries comes to mind. lol

• kcshocker11
        kcshocker11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of those kids took us to the Final Four, and one just won the NBA Championship.

• Ca va être genial...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        not a lunker, but a flounder

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
      We are definitely spoiled. Remember a few yrs back?
      Just think of those recruits we used to Goo Goo Gah Gah over. (Not naming any recruits in particular) . Now look at our Freshmen lineup. And we still want videos. HAHAHA.
      Love our future. #goshockers
      Not sue what you mean by "a few yrs back", but I do feel the depth of quality recruits is much better. I still haven't been as excited as I was when we landed FVV. Not the stud athlete, but he oozed all the other qualities of a 1st class PG. I mean we have had 4 players make an NBA roster over the last few years and one is wearing a ring that he was instrumental in its winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        Little doubt our present would have been better with Teddy.

I don't doubt that Teddy was better equipped to make an immediate impact, and I was looking forward to seeing the benefit of it. But I also don't think it will take all that long for Bilau to help the team in ways that Allen couldn't, and it's possible there may be more or less immediate intangible benefits as well given Teddy's continuing behavior issues.

Meanwhile, be careful about talking "cash" on this board. People might think you were trying to log into PhogNet and took a wrong turn.

Comment

• Only MHO, but without Teddy we maybe don't have the one go-to guy to lean on and depend on tht the other team can focus on and force a bad shot, but maybe we have five guys on the floor who can take the critical shot in the flow of the offense, even when the shot winds down. We may be better off.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Waterman, in year 2, appears to be better at recruiting than Linsted and Jones, combined, would have been in years 1 through 10.
            Being in the AAC instead of the MVC helps a lot, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not sue what you mean by "a few yrs back", but I do feel the depth of quality recruits is much better. I still haven't been as excited as I was when we landed FVV. Not the stud athlete, but he oozed all the other qualities of a 1st class PG. I mean we have had 4 players make an NBA roster over the last few years and one is wearing a ring that he was instrumental in its winning.
              I'm saying the overall quality of our recruits are better than yrs passed. We would never have asked for videos ( I'm fully aware most of us are joking around) had we landed someone like JoB.

Comment

• A little behind the times... I like big and tall men. Point me to the wank video please?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ummm... if he's a legit 6'10" dribbling in traffic like that...

Thx for the videos Windi and WsU!

T

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He’s occasionally listed as 6-11.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the tingle...

T

• These last couple of classes are higher-level athletes than we've been used to. GM has won big with hidden gems and getting the most out of less heralded players.....the sky's the limit if he can get these types of kids to buy in and play angry.

Comment

• According to 247, this year we signed two top 150 players, two top 300 players, one top 15 JUCO and JB, ranked as a top 500.

In 2018 we signed four top 300, a top 15 JUCO, two unranked and JB ranked as a top 500.

In 2017 we signed a top 10 JUCO.

In 2016 we signed one top 300, one top 10 JUCO, and one top 30 JUCO.

In 2015 we signed two top 150 players (Shamet and McDuffie), and two top 500 players.

In 2014 we signed one top 300, a top 20 JUCO, and three I ranked players.

In 2013 we signed two top 500s and Ri’an Holland, ranked 592.

in 2012 we signed Cleanthony Early, #1 JUCO and Fred VanVleet, top 100.

Livin the dream

Comment

• ^This. The "ready to contribute now" athletes 3G is bringing to the program is eye watering. I mean, good lord, 1st JB took over the PG position and owned it in his freshman year. Was he perfect? No, but damn, by the end of the season it was pretty clear who was in charge of the offense. He has a similar calm demeanor as FVV when it comes to running the offense so I'm expecting a fierce battle between him and NF and TE to take that away from him.

I suspect we've got a really nice rotation at the 4 that didn't exist last week and, Dan is right, 2nd JB is pretty raw so we have to temper our expectations. But I'm having a real hard time determining where the weak link is in this roster now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                      ^This. The "ready to contribute now" athletes 3G is bringing to the program is eye watering. I mean, good lord, 1st JB took over the PG position and owned it in his freshman year. Was he perfect? No, but damn, by the end of the season it was pretty clear who was in charge of the offense. He has a similar calm demeanor as FVV when it comes to running the offense so I'm expecting a fierce battle between him and NF and TE to take that away from him.

I suspect we've got a really nice rotation at the 4 that didn't exist last week and, Dan is right, 2nd JB is pretty raw so we have to temper our expectations. But I'm having a real hard time determining where the weak link is in this roster now.
                      The PG/SG battle should be epic!

JB is established, Fernandes is a known leader (and he can shoot), Etienne is an athlete, and Sherfield is a scorer!

Stevenson is heart and hustle. He needs to be a maker too or he’s going to get passed by eventually by Sherfield and/or Etienne.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't care how it's spelled or pronounced, I'm gonna go with JoBoo

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          “I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say "F_ _ _ you Jobu", I do it myself.”
                      Working...
                      X