Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First off, we are spoiled as hell. Marshall is a closer. I don't remember the last time He lost out on a recruit when WSU was in the final 4.

Second off, Josaphat has 1 youtube video. No one knows what his skills actually are at this point. Let's not anoint him the next Anthony Davis just yet.

Third off, I am excited! This could turn in to a huge get for us. I still think next year we would of majorly benefited from Teddy on the team, but thinking about what this team could be 2020 and beyond is hard to fathom. We are going to be really, really good. What was always the kryptonite of the FVV/Baker teams? Our lack of size and skill down low. The next few years could produce the most complete teams WSU has ever had... Crazy to think about!!

Comment

• I hope JB gets meaningful minutes by the start of conference play. He is light years behind the returning players and far far away from the other newcomers already on campus.

Comment

• When is it going to say “Josephat Bilau a Shocker”?

Comment

• Paging Shocks02. Mr Shocks02, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Comment

• Dexter Dennis and Chicken N Pickle is a deadly combination.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

Second off, Josaphat has 1 youtube video. No one knows what his skills actually are at this point. Let's not anoint him the next Anthony Davis just yet.

You can find footage of him in at least one other YouTube video of Spire Academy (There may be others as well). Start at the 3:44 mark of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85D2_yi4Jm0. He's #21.

I'm sure he'll be great once he's had some time as a Shocker, but in this game he's not much of a factor.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seemed to struggle "a little" establishing position. Just in this clip, I'm sayin'.

But, on the other hand, the other teams post looked to be easily 7'.

1989 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They also have some full games on YouTube of his high school team. He comes off the bench and didn’t seem to play much in the videos I saw but it’s still something if you want to take the time to search.

• Shocker Rocker
                  Shocker Rocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I watched a few other Spire videos, and he got into the game in one of them. Kind of floated around the lane in that one, too. Looked very athletic, though, and I'm sure he'll get a better feel for the game as time goes on and he gets some Shocker coaching.

• This kid kinda reminds me of any one of several bigs' that Baylor had so much success with over the last 5-7 years.

Maybe even another K. Coleby?

Comment

• I do not think we are going to see him playing with his back to the basket a ton.
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• I predict that this 'still young Shocker squad' will be improved in rebounding and rim protection. Once this influx of talented recruits get acclimated to our System, and find their niche, we will be fiesty and quite difficult to beat. Look for our returning players to also be improved as they work hard to develop their individual skills this summer to apply to the confines of team play. Just think of the myriad of combos 3G will examine to develop our winning rotations. Coach Marshall is excellent at the adjustments needed depending on the different styles of play our foes will present. I like the talent and high octane energy this Shocker squad will have this Season. Now we have 2 JB's. This signing was so swift after the blow of losing TB and has elated us here on SN. Yes, JB has only played 4 years, but look at the other big Programs that were pursuing him. His wing span, coast to coast ball handling, and shooting touch inside and out will be something the Shocks can build on as he develops his overall game.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Two thoughts:
                      • if I was on the opposing team, when Bilau and Midtgard on are on the court together I’d cry and run away
                      • Lol, West Virginia, lol
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• So anything of note going on with the Shocks this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post

You can find footage of him in at least one other YouTube video of Spire Academy (There may be others as well). Start at the 3:44 mark of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85D2_yi4Jm0. He's #21.

I'm sure he'll be great once he's had some time as a Shocker, but in this game he's not much of a factor.
                          - He was boxing out.
                          - That was some fairly high level basketball being played there.
                          - He didn't learn much offense playing with Spire
                          - Nobody but Ball was going to have a chance to look good on that team.
                          - Ball plays a lot of what's called "JuCo ball" on ShockerNet

Bilau is right when he says nobody knows what he can do. It's impossible for anyone to know what a player can do when that player never gets to touch the ball. I think Marshall will teach him to find the open spots behind the 3 point line. Playing with Ball, his role was to park his butt down low to pull defenders away from Ball.

I'm going to think of Bilau as a project, but a project with handles, agility, speed, 6'10", decent hands, and some shooting range. Could easily turn out to be a taller version of Early. I think Bilau can be the ultimate guy for stretching a defense. A 6'10" guy who can hit from deep and drive to the hoop from deep can open up a lot of scoring possibilities for other players.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Coach Tyson Waterman has been stellar for the Shocker’s recruiting. The staff has been reeling in some big fish!

Comment

• AM as an incoming freshman....a foreign born player without much video footage. A very raw player who depended on his size and had not developed his skill sets yet. I was VERY impressed with his progress in year 2, and HCGM said he was the most improved over this summer. Our newest recruit..also a foreign born player with limited video. Like AM, he got a late start playing BB, but he is exponentially further along than AM was as an incoming freshman. Even though one is (probably) a 4 and the other is a 5, its scary how tall and deep our bigs are potentially going to be this year. Its definitely a 1st world problem but it appears the only depth issue by position might be the 3. A stud leading the way, but undetermined depth behind him. Kudos to HCGM and the recruiting staff!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X