Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huggy is throwing down Jim Beam doubles and making his best pitch. lol

“aaandd another thing... Jo, we win .. hang on a second.”
    hand placed over phone talking to someone else “hit me again, this time forget the ice!”

”Now, like I was saying Jimmy, we win”

Comment

• Does losing UCONN figure into his decision now? Other schools will certainly use this against us.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Why -- and why would it matter if anyone tried? The Huskies may have some pretty noteworthy history, but they've been off the list of marquee basketball teams for a while now.

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      Does losing UCONN figure into his decision now? Other schools will certainly use this against us.
      Probably not due to that Memphis thing going on.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Was there really a timeline on Jo’s signing? Cmon Jo Jo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          Was there really a timeline on Jo’s signing? Cmon Jo Jo!
          Taylor's article about talking with him said he wanted to decide by the end of the week. Maybe in France they do Monday through Sunday weeks

Comment

• Maybe Sunday is being included as part of the weekend. Since Monday is considered the first workday of the week (at least in the western world), then Sunday could be lumped in with Saturday as the end of the week. If nothing is heard one way or the other by tomorrow...

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe, then again, maybe not. #we'rewaiting

• Admin, please check system. The Refresh function doesn't REFRESH. I can't get anything new.

Comment

• Looks like on May 23rd, he had different plans. Pitt went from a hopeful "final 4" to "first out" in a couple weeks. Glad we stole their spot!

Bilau spoke highly of Pitt after his visit and noted that “there’s minutes for me If I go there.” He also noted that he played AAU ball with Pitt guard Xavier Johnson in the past, describing him as a “great player.” Previously, Bilau said he would like to make a decision at the end of May. However, he said on Wednesday that an announcement regarding his commitment will come “within the next few weeks.”

Comment

• Relax people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                  Looks like on May 23rd, he had different plans. Pitt went from a hopeful "final 4" to "first out" in a couple weeks. Glad we stole their spot!
                  Bilau spoke highly of Pitt after his visit and noted that “there’s minutes for me If I go there.” He also noted that he played AAU ball with Pitt guard Xavier Johnson in the past, describing him as a “great player.” Previously, Bilau said he would like to make a decision at the end of May. However, he said on Wednesday that an announcement regarding his commitment will come “within the next few weeks.”

https://www.cardiachill.com/2019/5/2...capel-panthers
                  I think I remember reading somewhere that Pitt didn’t have another OV to spend on him. That may have been the reason he traded us for them. However, he did visit them according to the article.

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                      Bump
                      this thread will bump by itself soon enough

Comment

• Is it an ominous sign the longer he waits? I don't remember waiting this long for Wade of TE.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Depends on how you define "ominous," Bluz -- he obviously didn't just jump to sign with WSU on his visit, and that means he's still considering other options. So that's ominous in the sense that he might still choose some other school.

But I can think of football guys who waver until the last minute, sign, and then change their minds again -- for example, Bru McCoy, the standout receiver who was committed to USC, actually signed with Texas, and then after spring practice jumped into the transfer portal with the intention of going back to USC. So nothing's completely final until the fall semester starts anyway (and, truth be told, maybe not even then), if you're inclined to worry.

Still, the delay may also just mean that he's thoughtful, which is not a bad thing. And you can bet the Shocks are continuing to try to reel him in.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 23, 2019, 11:38 AM.

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        Is it an ominous sign the longer he waits? I don't remember waiting this long for Wade of TE.
                        I think it is only a sign that a young man is taking his time to weigh his options. And his best options are at Wichita State. And he knows that.

Comment

• Maybe he meant the end of next week lol
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                          X