Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way this kid is a true 3 star recruit. More like high 4s or low 5s. He would be a fantastic get and would get our minds off if Teddy. Praying to the basketball gods to help Josaphat choose the shockers!
    Shocker Alumni
    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Interestingly enough, the young man doesn't tweet a lot but he did retweet Taylor's tweet about his official visit but nothing about being in Wichita himself. His other tweets during visits to WVU, Tenn and Nevada were along the lines of "I'm in Morgantown...Knoxville...Reno. For what that's worth. But to date, no one has tweeted anything about how the chicken and pickle visit went...

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Taylor Eldrgidge did tweet that Jo enjoyed lunch at Georges French Bistto. But a recruit enjoying himself is not unexpected. Most of us enjoy being wined and dined. It just doesn't happen that oftent for most of us.

Any one knows his stats from last season?

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        I've poked around but am coming up empty. Not a lot out there on this guy.

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
      Any one knows his stats from last season?
      His high school PT was minimal. I don’t know why.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t pay much attention to that. His team had LaMelo Ball, Rocket Watts (Mich St), Isaiah Jackson (top 25 player in 20 class) and Myron Gardner (Georgetown). Not many shots to go around. I would say at least 3 of the 4 will be in the NBA before long.

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        shoxlax is right, he was on a team with a lot of high-powered talent, several 5* rated guys that are going to big programs. So his highlights are a result of playing with some really good athletes. That might be good, could be bad. But I tend to think it's good and that the kid has some serious potential.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Recruiters often like to get the last visit from players, so that may be a plus for WSU. Here's hoping...

I prefer when they commit while still here. Less stress.

Comment

He has OV at WV right? Not Wake Forest nor Nevada.

Comment

• Dark Lord
          Dark Lord commented
          Editing a comment
          He has taken official visits to all three you mentioned, plus Tennessee and Wichita. He is out of official visits.

Comment

I've got a really good feeling about Bilau. His coordination and agility appear to give him the ability to guard a SF. Probably need to work on lateral movement to do that, but his coordination looks like he could learn that.

That could put Dennis at SG, which would create some insane matchup nightmares for opponents.

Probably be a lot of learning to do, but a guy that size with that type of agility and coordination is rare. Really rare.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
            Steeleshocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the idea, but that's probably something that will take a year to develop into. But by his Soph year, the team could throw out some monster size if he can play the SF.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I've got a really good feeling about Bilau. His coordination and agility appear to give him the ability to guard a SF. Probably need to work on lateral movement to do that, but his coordination looks like he could learn that.

That could put Dennis at SG, which would create some insane matchup nightmares for opponents.

Probably be a lot of learning to do, but a guy that size with that type of agility and coordination is rare. Really rare.
          We have so many guards and so few forwards that, despite the skill set, I think he plays the 4 if he signs here. If anyone slides to the 3, Wade and Gordon are probably more likely to Do so.

Even if French JB signs, I think Burton, Fernandes, Etienne, and Sherfield play the guard spots. Dennis and Stevenson at the 3.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Props to Tyson Waterman in what he’s been able to do in his short time at WSU!
            Livin the dream

Comment

My end of the week is today.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                Bluzrover commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine too. Let's hope he doesn't wait until midnight west coast time...I'll be fast asleep.

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, if the rule is, "Nothing good happens after midnight" (as Teddy proved to get all this activity underway), hopefully he'll accommodate you. But some of us have weeks that run through Saturday.

Recruits that won't be committing don't take last-minute visits like this.

Recruits that won't be committing don't immediately replace another school with your school on their top choice list as they prepare to make a decision in a few days.

Recruits that won't be committing don't say things like this:

I haven’t even committed yet, but I could already feel the love from their fans and everyone supporting me.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Bluzrover
                Bluzrover commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe I've spotted the optimist in the group! But yeah, I definitely appreciate the signals.

Nice article by the Eagle regarding how 3G and Waterman "swooped" in at the last minute to get FJB to Wichita for his final OV. Lots of pick up games. Landry was in town. Any chance Landry had some time to give his "two cents worth" regarding his tenure, brief as it was, with the Shockers? Any chance Landry was able to play in some of the pick up games?

Comment

• ccrunner101
                ccrunner101 commented
                Editing a comment
                Pretty sure that all would be a NCAA violation

• Shocktoberfest
                Shocktoberfest commented
                Editing a comment
                Not really brief. He has a great perspective, actually. Dude had to sit a year so he could observe and absorb. 3 years is plenty. I love me some Shamet!

• Bluzrover
                Bluzrover commented
                Editing a comment
                You're sure that what would be an NCAA violation, a recruit talking with a former student athlete? Playing in pick up games? The Eagle reported that he actually participated in pick up games with his potential team mates so I'm comfortable that 3G wouldn't allow that if it were a violation. As for his talking to Landry or playing in a pick up game with Landry you might be right, I have no idea these days. But I recall reading that former players would come back in the off season and invariably there were pick up games played with current student athletes.

Just watched the only highlight tape I could find of this kid.

My reaction is "Holy shi*" he would be an incredible get. His hands, feet, and agility are ++++. Wow. This would be incredible.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
              X