• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone surprised? I'm not.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Trop, can you revise the thread title to say "Nearly a Shocker" or "Shocker -- not meant to be-- yet"
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Sorta Shocker.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• @kai: I think we lost some posts. Can you fix it?
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Is there any news regarding what Earl Watson will be doing now? Is he going DII route or is he gonna take a year off to try and get eligible?
            "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

Comment

• With (according to espn) dj's scholarship not counting against us next semester, any chance Watson can get cleared and play by then?

Comment

• Doubtful. Would hate to waste it anyway. We're in on some very good posts for next year which I believe will be much more beneficial to the program than someone who has major academic issues and iffy ability to help us.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                  With (according to espn) dj's scholarship not counting against us next semester, any chance Watson can get cleared and play by then?
                  From what I read, it sounds like it is harder become eligible if a student doesn't enroll before August 1st (higher GPA, more courses). I'm not sure how the NCAA handles students enrolling for a second semester and not the first, but given Watson's history it would be an uphill battle for him to become eligible from what I've read, and he would more likely gain eligibility next fall, if ever.

Besides which, we probably do not need another post this year, and are currently recruiting players without Watson's academic issues in the 2014 class (and probably will need to find a PG more than another PF).

Comment

• Perhaps Teddy is still available?

Comment

With (according to espn) dj's scholarship not counting against us next semester, any chance Watson can get cleared and play by then?
                      As I understood Jenn on Channel 12, the ship counts against us this year, but not the following three. Perhaps she meant this semester, but I always thought scholarships and limits were one year deals. Eligibility might be by semester, but not ships.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Hmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Perhaps Teddy is still available?
                          I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            As I understood Jenn on Channel 12, the ship counts against us this year, but not the following three. Perhaps she meant this semester, but I always thought scholarships and limits were one year deals. Eligibility might be by semester, but not ships.
                            Here is the quote from the espn article found here

Bowles returned to Wichita State and has been in classes all week. The school cannot use his scholarship this semester but will seek a waiver from the NCAA to be able to use his spot on the roster amid the NCAA maximum 13 scholarships, beginning in the second semester.
                            Not saying ESPN knows more on the situation than Jenn, just posting what is out there. When I read this paragraph it sounded as if they were going to seek a waiver thinking they had a plan for that spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Perhaps Teddy is still available?
                              The only "teddy" I'd be interested would come from some place other than Chipola.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Here is the quote from the espn article found here

Not saying ESPN knows more on the situation than Jenn, just posting what is out there. When I read this paragraph it sounded as if they were going to seek a waiver thinking they had a plan for that spot.
                                "Waiver" is the question mark. While I think 3G always has a plan, I seriously doubt he'd bring someone in the second semester unless it was a greyshirt situation.

Does anyone know for sure if eligibility is on a semester-by-semester basis or year-by-year basis? it used to be eligibility was on a semester basis, but I think it is year by year now. If it is year by year, the 5-yr clock would start ticking for only a half-year of "benefit."

Comment

Working...
                                X