No announcement yet.

Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson is a freak of nature athletically. You just don't pass up on those kind of guys. From what I have heard he steps up the athleticism, even from what we have now. I am sure he will fit in nicely on this squad.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• He's a big, athletic man who will bang inside, block shots and board. He'll be a very valuable asset.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• For those who didn't catch this in the Eagle:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          For those who didn't catch this in the Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/10/256...r-recruit.html
          It becomes contagious when are recruits are excited to come here. That is what we like to see at our Program that is moving forward and improving.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Earl looks like a candidate for linebacker in the NFL.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Watson had 17 points and 11 rebounds in their last game

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock View Post
                Watson had 17 points and 11 rebounds in their last game
                That should please those who focus only on the numbers.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  That should please those who focus only on the numbers.
                  For those of you that dwell too much on statistics and his lack of height, with his extreme athletic ability, if he continues to work on his shot, comparisons of a 6'6" 240lb. Center from SIU (I don't remember his name) from 7 yrs or so ago come to mind. He dominated the inside game in the Valley for SIU at that time. Maybe someone can remember that Center's name.

Comment

• Randall falkface I believe

Comment

• Falker was 6'7 to 6'8 I believe. Rolan Roberts was closer to 6'5-6'6.

Comment

• Falker was a damn fine player. Falker couldn't hold Watson's jock athletically. Time will tell if the talent and skill can be molded into a player as successful as Falker was. If he has the attitude and skill Falker ended up with to match his superior athleticism then look out LOL.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Rolan Roberts bio while at SIU. I've seen him currently listed at 6'7", 248 lbs. He transferred to SIU from VA-Tech.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

He is playing or has played professionally overseas.

Randall Falker's SIU Bio. 6'7", 230 lbs.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Both were very effective MVC players while at SIU. Falker perhaps a bit more athletic than Roberts.

Comment

• Roberts is the one I was thinking of that is a similar player to Watson. He was only at SIU for one year so we tend to remember Falker more. Falker was very good but Roberts was very athletic and a very good shot blocker. His shooting range was limited but his huge body took up a lot of space on defense, he could jump out of the gym, was active on the boards, and he set very effective picks at the top of the key. I think that he was All MVC the only year he played.

Comment

• Earl Watson had 20 and 13 yesterday.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• so by my count thru 4 games:

13.7 pts and 9.0 rebounds per game

Comment

Working...
                                X