Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Hey, Cold, if you're just now catching up on the story about Watson, you probably missed where Watson's HS coach claimed Watson had blocked 42 shots in one game. I thought I might mention that in case you needed a bit more fuel to pour on your fire for this guy.
    Where's the towel? :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I saw him at the elite camp and he does sky, however is not a good shooter and we have to remember he was only a sub last year in Juco and didn't average very much

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock View Post
        I saw him at the elite camp and he does sky, however is not a good shooter and we have to remember he was only a sub last year in Juco and didn't average very much
        But he played at Chipola which is arguably one of the best Juco programs full of division 1 talent

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Where's the towel? :)
          Exactly what I was thinking before I saw your post. I need to attach a small golf towel or something like it to the side of my keyboard when visiting this forum. The other day I almost started a thread and just typed a bunch of expletives, not out of anger, but out of utter amazement and joy. Not because I didn't think WSU could get back to this point, but because it is scary to actually see it happen. I've over-hyped this program for a looooong time. A time is coming soon where even I won't be able to over-hype it. That should be scary to everyone.

Now, as I've said it before, put together a compensation package for this mofo that pays him what he's worth (at least 2M) and attach it to a buyout clause as big as a 747.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Okay, I just read the entire thread and I am even more pumped. "Broke the highlight reel"? "Made the dean's list?"

#*@! me it's a good thing I'm still relatively young.

Man this is a great time to be a Shocker fan!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Earl Watson had ten points and 8 rebounds in his first game

Comment

• Archived video. Chipola versus Georgia Perimeter 11/9/2012.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Watson had 8 points and 4 rebounds. No really tearing things up. He only got 17 minutes of action

Comment

• While it's always great to see monster production (Hall, Early), Watson plays on a team full of blue chip posts. His skills and especially his athleticism are what make him desirable, not his stat sheet. If he continues to average around 10 and 6 expect him to be ranked about #100 at the end of the year. If his production goes to 15 and 9 he will be a top 20 JUCO.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• re:

We don't need every single recruit to be a huge scorer. Watson could be one of those solid, unsung heroes for really good teams. Play tough D down low, get rebounds, be tough, provide leadership, etc. The dude is a freak athlete though! Gonna be some ESPN top play dunks in his future.

Comment

• Sometimes that kind of background leads to a chip-on-the-shoulder highly motivated player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                          We don't need every single recruit to be a huge scorer. Watson could be one of those solid, unsung heroes for really good teams. Play tough D down low, get rebounds, be tough, provide leadership, etc. The dude is a freak athlete though! Gonna be some ESPN top play dunks in his future.
                          I think we had a guy recently who fit that description. What was his name . . . oh yeah, Gabe Blair. I'd take two more years of Blair any day. Although my concern is that after Hall graduates, who will be our go-to guy in the post? If we want to be an NCAA tournament team, we'll need a double-digit scorer somewhere down low, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I think we had a guy recently who fit that description. What was his name . . . oh yeah, Gabe Blair. I'd take two more years of Blair any day. Although my concern is that after Hall graduates, who will be our go-to guy in the post? If we want to be an NCAA tournament team, we'll need a double-digit scorer somewhere down low, IMO.
                            I loved Gabe. I loved him the first time I saw him, which was in a pick-up game.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                              I loved Gabe. I loved him the first time I saw him, which was in a pick-up game.
                              Yep you just gotta love the guy and hope that only good things happen for him in life.

Comment

• Archive of Chipola versus Atlanta Metro 11/10/2012
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X