Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock View Post
    I know he is just a Freshman, however, this is one recruit and I cant get too excited on
    Then you will be pleasantly suprised!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Have you seen him play. What basis are you saying this

Comment

read what jucorecruiting has said about him in the past....they seem to be very impressed by him

Comment

I know he is just a Freshman, however, this is one recruit and I cant get too excited on
          I would be excited if he were sitting on the bench today. We could have used him against Creighton.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

There's been good reports on him from multiple sources. Not much doubt about him being a significant contributor for the Shockers.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Have you seen him play. What basis are you saying this
              I've seen him in one game. He was very good at establishing offensive position and rebounding position. He is very athletic. He knows how to finish. He needs to learn how to play D-1 defense. Based on what I've seen and what I've read, he will be very good.
              Livin the dream

Comment

And you have to realize that the team he is on is always loaded with talent and I believe he has a couple of high profile SO's ahead of him.

I'm actually kind of excited about this one. He's got good size and athleticism based on everything I've seen/read.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  And you have to realize that the team he is on is always loaded with talent and I believe he has a couple of high profile SO's ahead of him.

I'm actually kind of excited about this one. He's got good size and athleticism based on everything I've seen/read.
                  There is a 5 star freshman center (averaging 13 and 13) and a 5 star sophomore PF (averaging 11 and 5) that play in front of Earl. They are #1 and #2 respectively in points. Earl is third in PPG and 2nd in rebounding.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with WUShock. Earl is a Freshman on a good team and he will improve. From what we're seeing here now,he will be playing at least as well as the 5-star soph forward next year.....

Comment

• Two of Chipola's frontcourt starters are hurt -- so Earl is getting more minutes the past few games. He had 12 points and 8 boards in a 63-60 loss to Gulf Coast Saturday.

That game, as well as a few other Chipola games, is archived for viewing at the Panhandle Sports Broadcasting site.

Panhandle Sports Broadcasting (PSB) is a regional sports internet broadcasting company. We provide coverage of high school, college and youth sports through internet streaming in audio and video media. We are also an electronic newspaper providing up to the minute information and statistics on prep sports throughout the Northwest Florida region.

Chipola also has a game tonight with Tallahassee CC that will be broadcast live on PSB at 7:30 p.m.(cst)

Panhandle Sports Broadcasting (PSB) is a regional sports internet broadcasting company. We provide coverage of high school, college and youth sports through internet streaming in audio and video media. We are also an electronic newspaper providing up to the minute information and statistics on prep sports throughout the Northwest Florida region.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        Two of Chipola's frontcourt starters are hurt -- so Earl is getting more minutes the past few games. He had 12 points and 8 boards in a 63-60 loss to Gulf Coast Saturday.

That game, as well as a few other Chipola games, is archived for viewing at the Panhandle Sports Broadcasting site.

Chipola also has a game tonight with Tallahassee CC that will be broadcast live on PSB at 7:30 p.m.(cst)

http://www.psblive.com/index.php?opt...asts&Itemid=83

So, they had technical difficulties last night and will be offering the Tallahassee game tape delayed at 1 p.m. CST today. Same link.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Earl scored 10 points on 5 for 5 from the field in their big win this week

Comment

• How did Earl finish up the season?

Comment

• Here's a link to his stats per the NJCAA. http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colleg...hleteid=354465

This site has him playing in 21 games and averaging 6.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg as well as 0.9 bpg. Sadly, only 50% from the FT line. I'd say those stats are pretty good for a freshman forward playing at Chipola. Remember that they have two or three big men that were rivals top 150 or better coming out of high school.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• He may be class of '13, but he's a big part of the future as well!
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X