No announcement yet.

Tre Mitchell 6'9 C 2019 to UMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall's recruiting says a lot about Midtgaard. Marshall's interest in signing an additional post for 2019 is probably inversely related to his interest in having Midtgaard on scholarship next year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Is that because AM probably played better than the other posts in the scrimmage? I’m not sold that AM is the answer in the post but they all look to be projects and AM may the best of the projects. It’s to early to know either way. However, Mitchell looks ready to contribute now.
      Last edited by Shockm; October 8, 2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Marshall's recruiting says a lot about Midtgaard. Marshall's interest in signing an additional post for 2019 is probably inversely related to his interest in having Midtgaard on scholarship next year.
        I wouldn’t say that his interest is related to wanting to drop one particular player, rather it is related to wanting to elevate the current skill level. Maybe it’s AM, maybe Poor Bear, maybe someone else.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, wufan. Too much unfounded speculation going on here. We'll all find out what's happening in due time, and there's really no need to guess about it at this point or benefit to doing so.

UCONN have had Mitchell in for a visit and some are speculating or at least hoping for a commitment from him. Notre Dame sounds like their main competition.

Comment

Probably too much to hope for, but damn.

Comment

He's taken officials to Notre Dame, UConn, and Illinois already. It's being said that he's likely going to use his last two official visits. If we can somehow get one of those we may have a chance. Seems like a spring signee.

Comment

ShocksO2 thanks for keeping us updated. I am sure that he is getting the high pressure pitch to sign since it is so close to the early signing period in November. If he waits it could become a disadvantage for the teams that he's visited. Hope that is the case with this young man. Sure Fernandez is working on this skilled big man!

Comment

It would be unbelievable to land Tre now that we've got the commitment from Tyson. Two 4* players in one class? And, I think Tre would become the highest rated player ever for Marshall. Damn, I'd love to see us pull this guy into the fold!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  UCONN have had Mitchell in for a visit and some are speculating or at least hoping for a commitment from him. Notre Dame sounds like their main competition.
                  Nope. He was a hard Notre Dame lean, but apparently the OV went real bad. I'd say UCONN has a much better shot at landing Wahab or Cockburn at Center. His recruitment is still very open, particularly for the last 2 schools he chooses for an OV.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post

Nope. He was a hard Notre Dame lean, but apparently the OV went real bad. I'd say UCONN has a much better shot at landing Wahab or Cockburn at Center. His recruitment is still very open, particularly for the last 2 schools he chooses for an OV.
                    I hope you’re right. Some of your UCONN brethren feel like you have a better chance to land him than you. If he takes his final visits (Tyson E. didn’t take all of his), we or others may stand a chance. Signing two Northeasterners may give us a foot in the door, and if he were to wait until the Spring, Mitchell is probably wide open. He would play right away for us. We don’t have anyone like him on our team.

Comment

Comment

I'm old enough to have this guy come to mind:

Wes Unseld, whose Louisville team was a member of the Missouri Valley Conference during his college days (1965-1968).

Comment

It may not matter because we don’t have a chance. However, just an aside. Mitchell is a pretty good perimeter shooter with a big body and ability to post up low. Unseld was a great post up player but didn’t have an outside shot. However, at that time, there wasn’t a 3 point shot so he didn’t need a perimeter game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            It may not matter because we don’t have a chance. However, just an aside. Mitchell is a pretty good perimeter shooter with a big body and ability to post up low. Unseld was a great post up player but didn’t have an outside shot. However, at that time, there wasn’t a 3 point shot so he didn’t need a perimeter game.
                            Unseld did average 20.6 PPG in his time at Louisville but what he was really known for was his rebounding and outlet passing. He averaged 18.9 RPG at Louisville. Would 3G not fall in love with that.

Comment

I don't see the comparison to Wes, but this kid would start for us, day one.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                                1972Shocker commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I was thinking primarily in terms of body type. Shockm is right Wes did not have nor did have any need to develop a perimeter game. Whether or not Mitchell is a strong rebounder is hard to say. You don't see manyt highlight tapes of guys reboudning.
                            Working...
                            X