Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

"
      The trio of freshmen will all have a chance to make an immediate impact. Sherfield and Etienne are two of the highest-rated recruits Marshall has signed and scouts view both as guards that can be instant offense for the Shockers, while Fernandes, although undersized, possesses a grit that Marshall loves. It’s not preposterous to imagine two freshman eventually starting, just like it’s not crazy to think one might end up redshirting.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        NM

The more I go back review the tape on this kid it sticks out that he has a fluid gait and long arms, allowing for good defensive posture. Quick. Good J. We're gonna' like this kid.

He's the spitting image of the one-time Valley great who went on to a successful career in the League: Mo Cheeks.

cheeks.jpg

Comment

• Regul8te
        Regul8te commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree. We can start the Noah truther club.

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Great minds think alike. Cheeks was very underrated. This kid got good reviews on the East coast.

M8ke (the) American Great Again has a certain ring to it, eh? It'll make a nice hash tag. In solidarity.

#M8ketheAmericanGreatAgain

• Sam Axe
        Sam Axe commented
        Editing a comment
        I have that card. Several of them probably.

I really think both Fernandez and Gordon are both underrated. But as I have said before , I don't think Fernandez cares. He just plays. It's going to be interesting competition this summer. Hope I can steal a couple of days to watch pick up games this summer.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
        ShockerPrez commented
        Editing a comment
        Never know. Sometimes the guy who gets lost in the shuffle becomes the guy we can't live without.

Glue guys needed.

For many weeks I was about the only guy defending AM against so many attackers and hoping he would
      get some meaningful PT and once he finally got it he proved what I always thought - he is a good center.
      NF will get his chances, no doubt, but once again I will mention Tate Busse. If he gets the chance he could
      very well surprise. We need shooters and he may be the best one on the team. Go ahead and laugh just
      as most laughed when I was pushing for AM to play. Who ever it is, Noah, Tate, DG, I think there are going
      to be one or two players surprise on the upside just like AM did.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard some good things about Tate also; someone said don't sleep on him... he could be a PLAYER! I also have a funny feeling in my ole bones, but it might be arthritis.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, you weren't the only one.

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      I really think both Fernandez and Gordon are both underrated. But as I have said before , I don't think Fernandez cares. He just plays. It's going to be interesting competition this summer. Hope I can steal a couple of days to watch pick up games this summer.
      Markis McDuffy

Erik Stephenson

Noah Fernandez

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
        Rocky Mountain Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget about Fred VanFleet

• GottliebHater
        GottliebHater commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, how could I forget.

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      You and Cold can 'rub elbows' and compare notes...
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You and Cold can 'rub elbows' and compare notes...
        It's tough as hell to catch a summer pickup game anymore. I think they are randomly changing the schedule just to confuse me. I think they fear my (actual) height report. I'm definitely approaching this summer with a Gregg Marshall chip on my shoulder. CB wants to see plenty of tall dark men with long arms. No midgets/D2 bodies please!

If funny... thinking back on my report from last summer with the year just finished: Mark was not impressive forcing drives with little success; Jamie, Erik, Teddy and Dexter were VERY impressive; Rod looked like a bodybuilder; Ricky looked like a walkon; Udeze appeared slothful; Chance showed nice offensive skills. I never saw Asbjorn, Poor Bear, SHJ, or Burton play.

A little hit and miss but quite a few hits.

T

...:cool:

Comment

This kid will have multiple games just going off, as a freshman. It's gonna be fun to watch!

Comment

Nike EYBL Stats: https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_pla...bseason=483962
            12.9 PPG
            4.8 APG to 1.8 TOPG (10th in assists)
            3.5 RPG
            1.6 SPG
            0.4 BPG
            36% FG%
            75% FT%
            35% 3P%
            [/QUOTE]

This kid is 2,000 point scorer in the preps. That's impressive.

But the reason I re-posted his EYBL stats is because I read on msn today about the Tar Heels landing a 5* center from the Virgina prep ranks (Armando Bocat) who averaged less points (10.9) than Noah did (12.9), although the big did grab 8 rbs. a game. But, hey, our guy averaged 4.8 dimes.

Seems like our guy was a littlle under recruited? Shocks are gonna have some good guards in 2 years...

:poster_wu:

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              It may not take two years, SBT. The future looks bright, and it isn't just a light at the end of the tunnel I'm seeing.

Speculation or predictions (whatever you want to call it) with limited information is fine. After all, all we have to base our opinions on is highlight videos and statistics so far and we will be able to tell much more when we see our players against Division 1 competition. Some of the poor quality suggestions or predictions from last year (before November) include:

-Jemarious Burton should redshirt this year because he won't play very much. WRONG
            -Also, many thought (me included) that Ricky Torres would be the second coming and solve our point guard problems for the immediate future. WRONG
            -many thought that we'd win 25 games this year in the regular season. WRONG
            -many thought that we'd be in the Top 3 conference teams this year. WRONG.

I personally hope we are good enough next year to get back into competition for the American Championship and back to competition for a Top 25 Ranking. I would think that JB and ES will begin the year as the heir apparent to the guard positions. They both have some really fine strengths to build upon and experience that should help them as well as some weaknesses that need to be rectified. But our other 3 guards that we just signed also are very talented and have played top high school/prep school competition and have that to build on. There are 40 minutes of guard minutes to divide up between at least 5 guards and while I would think that all 5 would get minutes at the beginning of the year, most likely 4 will get the large majority of the minutes as the year moves along. The team will win from this competition, but one of the talented players probably won't in the long run.

Comment

I've made no speculations for next year either... Now, on the other hand, the "potential" TWO years out is rather intriguing.

Comment

The team will win from this competition, but one of the talented players probably won't in the long run.

Comment

bumping this for the sake of rehashing the redshirt argument now that we see the full roster

Comment

Because this is SN and what we do is endless speculation based on our deep knowledge and love of the game and true awesomeness of arm-chair-coaching, I'm going out on a limb and say that we have two redshirts this year, Udeze and Fernandes. Morris needs the extra time to strengthen his shoulder and catch up with his peers. Noah needs to put on some weight. I could see a scenario that Gordon takes a redshirt as well, just to give him some time to adjust to D1 ball, but I think there are minutes available for him to get on the court this year. Just don't know if he's up to the task. We're deep at the guard and big positions but the wing is a little iffy. Regardless, I can't imagine a scenario where we don't have at least one redshirt with the obvious candidate being Udeze.

Comment

Working...
                  X