Noah Fernandes 6'0 PG 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Why does everyone think redshirting is a bad or taboo subject? Some of our better players redshirted. As 3G once said, they are better as seniors than they are as freshmen. JT Durley, PJ Cousinard, Shaq Morris, Troy Mack, Ron Baker to name a few. Redshirting is not a bad thing, nor is it a slam on a player. If we have on opportunity to develop a kid over 5 years versus 4, I’ll take it.
    In the transfer environment a redshirt steals a potential year of eligibility from a kid. I’d rather see a sophomore redshirt than a freshman. Both sides (coach/player) can agree that the fit is right but further development is needed.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

In the transfer environment a redshirt steals a potential year of eligibility from a kid. I’d rather see a sophomore redshirt than a freshman. Both sides (coach/player) can agree that the fit is right but further development is needed.
      Huh, how does a freshman RS steal a year byut not a sophomore RS not? In the old math I grew up with, a year = a year!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• BOBB
        BOBB commented
        Editing a comment
        Because neither party, coach nor player, know what they are getting into as a freshman.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        what he means is that if a freshman redshirts and then decides its not a fit and then transfers, he loses a year. The kid can then either go to JUCO (like Rian Holland) or lose a year sitting out at another D1 school. You don't lose a year if you redshirt and stay in the program.

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I see. He steals a year from himself, not from some other kid (that's the way I read it at first).

I really don’t care if he redshirts. Most Top 175 recruits don’t. He is rated higher than players like Austin Reeves and Holland. Reaves could have used one because of his health (chronicly injured shoulder).

However, if he coach thinks he needs to redshirt and he agrees, then he should do it. The emphasis is that he needs to agree. The other emphasis is that I don’t see how anyone can determine that he should redshirt from a high light video here on Shockernet. It’s too difficult to determine his opposition, etc. I know that Woodstock is a highly rated prep school just like Sunrise. His opposition would be very good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        PJ was a 6’2” Power Forward out of high school.
        He played the 1, 2, 3, and 4 spots in high school. Did recruiting services list him as a PF?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He played the 1, 2, 3, and 4 spots in high school. Did recruiting services list him as a PF?
          He also washed towels, uniforms and bottled the spring-fed water. Let's give him full disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I don’t see how anyone can determine that he should redshirt from a high light video here on Shockernet.
            That’s why I asked the OP for clarification on their red shirt comment. Thought maybe they had some additional information or insight they could share. Alas, they did not.

He may need a RS, he may not. There doesn’t seem to be enough information available at this point to make that determination.

Either way, I’m lookng forward to seeing this guy in action!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He also washed towels, uniforms and bottled the spring-fed water. Let's give him full disclosure.
              He also -- get this -- lettered in soccer. That dude would have made one heckuva center back.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Isn't the guy back of the center the quarterback?

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa, 72, you really took this thread an LGBTQXYZ direction!

Is that anything like a left out. Just asking for a friend

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                No this position is more inclusive.

Noah with 17 pts with 5 treys in a blowout win. Woodstock Academy is 29-1 on the year.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                5 threes, I like that. I wonder what his % is on the year?

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, we know he's better than 1-18.

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                1-19, now

Reading the newspaper article today about the problem of the shocker players inability to make passes and read the situation on when to make the pass is why I am pleased they signed Noah Fernandez. Noah is a true point guard that can shoot. He is not a combo guard trying to learn the pg position. He is a pg. He is the real deal and I don't care how small he is. He has got some mojo. For those thinking he is too small look at those photos that Coldblooded posted on Fred V. when he was a Freshman. Talk about being small. And we all know what Fred went on to accomplish. Not saying Noah is Fred, but Coach sees something in Noah and that's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Reading the newspaper article today about the problem of the shocker players inability to make passes and read the situation on when to make the pass is why I am pleased they signed Noah Fernandez. Noah is a true point guard that can shoot. He is not a combo guard trying to learn the pg position. He is a pg. He is the real deal and I don't care how small he is. He has got some mojo. For those thinking he is too small look at those photos that Coldblooded posted on Fred V. when he was a Freshman. Talk about being small. And we all know what Fred went on to accomplish. Not saying Noah is Fred, but Coach sees something in Noah and that's good enough for me.
                The loss of Shamet and Reaves turned this year into a painful rebuild but I think next year will be closer to what we’ve come to expect out of WSU teams with the year after that being fully back to the Monsters of the Midwest.

Assuming they return, Burton and Torres should improve and provide stability at the point which should allow Fernandes to develop at his own pace. Maybe he’ll be ready to contribute day 1 like Baker, Shamet, etc or maybe not.

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Which was also the game where he broke his foot IIRC. Still one of those what if scenarios I look back on. Could’ve easily been another sweet 16 year with a healthy Shamet/FVV all season. Heck we still won two in the tourney despite the crazy travel schedule and turnaround after Dayton.

• mattdalt
                  mattdalt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And Rodriguez had to bank in a circus shot at the end of the shot clock to give Miami the win.

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Woof. Forgot about that one.

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

The loss of Shamet and Reaves turned this year into a painful rebuild but I think next year will be closer to what we’ve come to expect out of WSU teams with the year after that being fully back to the Monsters of the Midwest.

Assuming they return, Burton and Torres should improve and provide stability at the point which should allow Fernandes to develop at his own pace. Maybe he’ll be ready to contribute day 1 like Baker, Shamet, etc or maybe not.
                Totally agree. Coach is always talking about 3 headed monster at center but you are right that our pg play should be better next year with JB and RT coming back. With Fernandez that's a 3 headed monster at pg. Look at the assists this year by JB and RT. They both have had their moments but they also have some bad games. Hopefully they can cut down on the bad games next year and improve their shooting over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Totally agree. Coach is always talking about 3 headed monster at center but you are right that our pg play should be better next year with JB and RT coming back. With Fernandez that's a 3 headed monster at pg. Look at the assists this year by JB and RT. They both have had their moments but they also have some bad games. Hopefully they can cut down on the bad games next year and improve their shooting over the summer.
                  3-headed stats non-conf vs conf for Center and PG. Highlights reflect better performance

3-head.png
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Comment

Great to see! This kid is a leader and will be very important to our success before he leaves WSU.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                      X