Eddie Lampkin 6'9 C 2020 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Lampkin 6'9 C 2020 Offered

Wichita State has offered 6'9 Eddie Lampkin from Katy, Texas. Eddie has received offers from LSU, Georgetown, Texas A&M, TCU, and New Orleans. He plays for the Houston Defenders on the UAA circuit and appears to know Morris Udeze quite well.

Highlights:

UAA Profile: http://uaa.io/roster.aspx?rp_id=4806

Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...lampkin-213154
    247: https://247sports.com/Player/Eddie-Lampkin-46049048
    VC: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/eddie-lampkin

Lampkin and Cryer are on the same high school team.

Comment

Really a joke this guy is only a three star. Hopefully he stays that way.

Comment

Maybe he has grown, he looks more 6.9 or 6.10 than 6.8.

Comment

he's really heavy looking. Probably could stand to shed about 30 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            247 Sports reports he weighs 240 pounds; 30 pounds less than Shaq and in line with Udeze.

Comment

He is quite mobile and quick for a big man. He could put more muscle on his frame but he’s probably 15-16 years old so he will fill out his large frame as he matures into an adult.

Comment

Yeah, Shaq was heavy but he was thick and muscular. This guy has a much bigger mid section.

Comment

Yeah, Shaq was heavy but he was thick and muscular. This guy has a much bigger mid section.
                  Did you ever see Shaq at 15? I didn’t either. I did see him at 18 when the Shox recruited him and he weighed 280 and was soft. His muscle was put on in the WSU weight room. It took him a redshirt season and a couple more to drop to 260 and look strong. He always was naturally strong and mobile even when he was overweight. However, his stamina was very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did you ever see Shaq at 15? I didn’t either. I did see him at 18 when the Shox recruited him and he weighed 280 and was soft. His muscle was put on in the WSU weight room. It took him a redshirt season and a couple more to drop to 260 and look strong. He always was naturally strong and mobile even when he was overweight. However, his stamina was very bad.
                    i’m not the one that started the Shaq comparison, I just said he looks heavy. He also looks like he doesn’t have much verticality. A lot of this can be resolved with proper diet and training. As for Shaq in high school, he was bigger, but he was also still very explosive.

Comment

i’m not the one that started the Shaq comparison, I just said he looks heavy. He also looks like he doesn’t have much verticality. A lot of this can be resolved with proper diet and training. As for Shaq in high school, he was bigger, but he was also still very explosive.
                      We will just have to disagree. We never saw Shaq at 15 years of age. They are very similar players but Lampkin is taller. I agree with Shoxlax. Shaq was a 2* and this guy will probably end up a 4-*. This guy can play.
                      Last edited by Shockm; August 7, 2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I’d love to sign this guy.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I have to think that those comparing this guy favorably to Morris, or rating him better than Morris, from only seeing a highlight video...

...you guys never saw Shaq"s highlight video, did you?
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I have to think that those comparing this guy favorably to Morris, or rating him better than Morris, from only seeing a highlight video...

...you guys never saw Shaq"s highlight video, did you?
                            2011-12 HS Junior

How much of this did you see in Eddie's video?

Comment

When motivated, Shaq was the best player on the court.
                              Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                              X