Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA along with ES are the kind of junk yard dogs this program needs. I find it interesting that some of the same thing ES gets praised for TA gets crucified for.

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      The only thing that’s different, in my eyes, is that there wasn’t the best relationship between Teddy and the coaching staff; no evidence of that with Erik.

As long as Teddy keeps the peace with his teammates and coaches, he can pump the crowd, flex his muscles, and talk smack as much as he wants.

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree Shock Top.

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    TA along with ES are the kind of junk yard dogs this program needs. I find it interesting that some of the same thing ES gets praised for TA gets crucified for.

For example
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Having attitude, shooting a lot, playing to the crowd in a flamboyant way.

• Hopefully TA has learned his lesson and realized he needs to start fresh with a new mentality about being a better teammate. I have to think the staff grilled him on these issues.

Comment

• GoShockers.com makes the signing official.

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State completed its roster overhaul with the addition of West Virginia transfer Teddy Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        GoShockers.com makes the signing official.

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/5/10...fer-allen.aspx
        "I really like his energy and the enthusiasm that he brings."

Seems like we've seen this from several recruits about Marshall this spring. Hard to take that as a bad sign about the future.

Comment

• Teddy is great pickup and will be a good player probably a starter for 3 years. A lot to like here

Comment

• He'd be an awesome sixth man no doubt

Comment

• A lot of shitty "hot takes" in this thread attempting to draw negative inferences by comparing a freshman in one high-level D1 program with a senior in another, separate and distinct high-level D1 program.

Like someone else said, this will be an interesting thread to revisit in 2-3 years.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Just wondering, why are there two threads on this transfer/recruit? Maybe they could be consolidated?
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Nm
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I trust GM. However, I wish TB could throw it into the ocean from 3.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I trust GM. However, I wish TB could throw it into the ocean from 3.
                    3 pointers?

According to Synergy's shot chart logs, just under a a third of Allen's shot selection last season came on jump shots farther than five feet from the basket and he shot 23.2 percent (13 of 56) on such attempts.

As Taylor Eldridge points out it is pretty impressive what he can do without an effective jump shot in his repertoire. On the other hand teams will eventually play him like they played Rashard.

Teddy did shoot 74% from the line and seems to have okay form and touch from the line so perhaps a competent shot doctor can significanlty improve that part of his game.

The other concern is whether or not he can mesh into team concept basketball that 3G seems to value highly.

Comment

• Love Rashard but he is nothing anywhere close to this prospect offensively. Allen is tough to guard one on one, obviously very strong and gets you behind him in the post, and has multiple angles and release points around the basket.

Not completely sold on him personally, but he has plenty of people in this thread that are sold on his ability. Know that he will have to be good to beat out some ot the talent we brought in this signing period.

Scoring and rebounding stats from his last two high school years was quite impressive.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly. Rashard had hands of stone around the basket, while Teddy is a wizard. I hate saying anything negative about Kelly but his ceiling for talent was very, very low. T. Buckets' ceiling on the other hand is very, very high.

T

...:cool:

• He's pretty close from 3

Comment

• This guy can shoot from 10’ out and put it on floor for a drive and finish. Two things Rashard could not do with any consistency.

Comment

Working...
                        X