No announcement yet.

Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This defensive stalwart could be the final piece to Wichita State's recruiting class http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...210111029.html
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently I’ve read all the free articles I can this month. Can’t check it out til Tuesday.

Clear your history cookies, and read on. Hahaha

Comment

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      Good lookin out.

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    Taylor reporting that he will visit this coming week and make a decision shortly after.
    pinstripers
    ”Isn't the Egyptian kid coming at the same time?”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious -- which "Egyptian" kid was "El Geographo" pin referring to: the one from Senegal, or the one from Sudan?

Damn, 6’6” with a 7’1” wingspan.

Comment

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      Correction 6'6" 220 with a 7'1 wingspan

Man, I want both Arop and N'Diay and someone to redshirt, but we have so many wings/forwards. Not sure where playing the time will be. I guess they all compete and one ends up transferring next year potentially.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
      Steeleshocker commented
      Editing a comment
      And with only 1 scholarship available who do you propose takes the Evan Wessel route?

shocks02 do you know how many scholarships Texas now has available, if any, following the commitment of Courtney Ramey?

Arop's final 3 were Texas, San Diego State and Wichita State.

Comment

• shocks02
      shocks02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Texas looks to be done with 2018.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    shocks02 do you know how many scholarships Texas now has available, if any, following the commitment of Courtney Ramey?

Arop's final 3 were Texas, San Diego State and Wichita State.
    When did Texas offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

When did Texas offer?
      Not sure when. But Arop's coach tweeted on April 26 that his final 4 were San Diego State, Texas, Wichita State and Eastern Michigan. His coach also indicated Arop has an official visit to San Diego State scheduled for May 1st and and official visit with Texas scheduled for May 4.

Here is the link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/CoachRobJohnson/...64233825632256
      Note that he initially tweeted the OV's were on 3/1 and 3/4 the followed up with a tweet correcting that to 5/1 and 5/4

Courtney Ramey committed to Texas on April 27th.

According to Verbal Commits Ramey's commitment puts them at 1-over on scholarships andt they have 1 one open offer to a Giir Ring. They do not show an offer to Arop. Of course, none of these recruiting sites are guaranteed to have complete information.

VC shows San Diego State has 4 spots open and they do show an offer to Arop.

The first thing Arop told his coach about Wichita State was that he would love to play in front of a crowd like that.

That would seem to work against Eastern Michigan who draws home crowds of around 1,500.

Texas draw about the same as the Shockers but I wonder if they are still in the hunt after signing Ramey and if VC is accurate are already 1-over in scholarships.

San Diego State draws well and has an engaged crowd. They averaged 11,300 per game last year.

Looks to me like this will come down to San Diego State and Wichita State. Whether playing his games mostly in the Pacific and Mountain time zones vs mostly in the Central and Eastern time zones is of any importance to Arop is unkown.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 30, 2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        What, Texas one over, obviously they have their own Evan Wessel.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        I've spent some time in Austin, 1972, and I can assure you that their crowd is NOT comparable to WSU's. Rick Barnes spent most of his career there complaining about a lack fan of support at games, and there's almost no local buzz about basketball the way there is here. Their arena is big -- 16K or so, and their attendance numbers are sometimes good, although from what I've seen on occasional TV broadcasts it looks as though a good chunk of their crowd shows up disguised as empty seats -- but I've actually been to a couple of events there, and the atmospheres are not close.

SDSU is much more comparable and competitive in terms of the sort of crowd one would want to play for -- and, of course, it is in San Diego.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure when. But Arop's coach tweeted on April 26 that his final 4 were San Diego State, Texas, Wichita State and Eastern Michigan. His coach also indicated Arop has an official visit to San Diego State schedule for May 1st and and official visit with Texas schedule for May 4.

Here is the link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/CoachRobJohnson/...64233825632256
      Note that he initially tweeted the OV's were on 3/1 and 3/4 the followed up with a tweet correcting that to 5/1 and 5/4

Courtney Ramey committed to Texas on April 27th.

According to Verbal Commits Ramey's commitment puts them at 1-over on scholarships andt they have 1 one open offer to a Giir Ring. They do not show an offer to Arop. Of course, none of these recruiting sites are guaranteed to have complete information.

VC shows San Diego State has 4 spots open and they do show an offer to Arop.

The first thing Arop told his coach about Wichita State was that he would love to play in front of a crowd like that.

That would seem to work against Eastern Michigan who draws home crowds of around 1,500.

Texas draw about the same as the Shockers but I wonder if they are still in the hunt after signing Ramey and if VC is accurate are already 1-over in scholarships.

San Diego State draws well and has an engated crowd. They averaged 11,300 per game last year.

Looks to me like this will come down to San Diego State and Wichita State. Whether playing his games mostly in the Pacific and Mountain time zones vs mostly in the Central and Eastern time zones is of any importance to Arop is unkown.

No stone left unturned!

Comment

Weather decided to help out for once. SD highs in the low 60s with rain the next few days.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Slykryck
          Slykryck commented
          Editing a comment
          It never rains in Southern California

• WheatShock
          WheatShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Except for when it does (mostly in the winter), and at those times everyone forgets how to freaking drive.

From a tweet thread of SDSU fans:

Comment

The last guy who chose us over SDSU went to a final four and had an undefeated season. So there's that.

Past performance doesn't always predict future results, but it doesn't hurt.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale’s vagina.
            Veronica Corningstone: No, there’s no way that’s correct.
            Ron Burgundy: I’m sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don’t know what it means. I’ll be honest, I don’t think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
            Veronica Corningstone: Doesn’t it mean Saint Diego?
            Ron Burgundy: No. No.
            Veronica Corningstone: No, that’s – that’s what it means. Really.
            Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

So does this mean Ndiaye has put us off or told us no? Hmmm. Always tough how to read this stuff. Or we are awaiting Arop's decision before moving forward with Ndiaye, providing he wants us?

Comment

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                It means all those things....and so so much more.

Arop is Target #1 imo

Comment

Working...
              X