No announcement yet.

Aguek Arop 6'6" SF 2018 to San Diego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that anyone would be anything less than thrilled that we are in his final 4 (while still ridiculous) tells you just how much expectations have risen in the Marshall era.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Taylor reporting that he will visit this coming week and make a decision shortly after.

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't the Egyptian kid coming at the same time?

Hope we get this kid

Comment

• asiseeit
        asiseeit commented
        Editing a comment
        with you, but Abou or Bryant would not be bad either or even Stull

Sounds like we are we the last visit on his schedule which hopefully is a plus.

Comment

Agree with Hatter above...incredible how Marshall has raised our expectations. Arop...or Abdou...as possibly the last commit with the caliber of recruits we already have. Well done coach.

Comment

Too bad we’re desperate and can only get guys like this or Ndiaye.

Comment

If Arop and N’Diaye are coming, does that mean Evan Wessal is going to forgo his scholarship and become a walk-on?!?!
            Last edited by Shock Top; April 28, 2018, 11:59 AM.
            The Assman

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it's finally become inevitable, ST.

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            If Arop and N’Diaye are coming, does that mean Evan Wessal is going to forgo his scholarship and become a walk-on?!?!
            Haha I remember that talk from a few years ago. I'd like to get both Arop and N’Diay as I don't think McDuff is a happy camper. His "testing" the NBA again when in my opinion is not even close to that type of player screams desperation. Totally hope he comes back cause he's a pretty good college player...but it feels like at this point he may feel like the odd man out on a completely new team and would take a Euro contract this summer forgoing his senior year.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• AndShock
              AndShock commented
              Editing a comment
              Shaq tested the waters last year and had less of a shot than McDuffie, imo.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              You've been out in that Arizona sun too long, AZ.

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Haha I remember that talk from a few years ago. I'd like to get both Arop and N’Diay as I don't think McDuff is a happy camper. His "testing" the NBA again when in my opinion is not even close to that type of player screams desperation. Totally hope he comes back cause he's a pretty good college player...but it feels like at this point he may feel like the odd man out on a completely new team and would take a Euro contract this summer forgoing his senior year.
            You may have newer or better information, but the official word from several media sources, and Gregg himself is ........

that McDuffie is ALL IN and ready to be the team leader. He is just doing this NBA evaluation to get information back to improve his game and get ready for next year. I think that he better feel that way if he wants to stay out of the dog house with Gregg. LOL

In all seriousness thought, IMO, barring that you have information from his girlfriend, or rumors from other very strong sources, it is useless to speculate further on how he feels.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Why wouldn't he "test the water" since it costs him nothing and gives him some good tips on what he needs to work (he probably already knows) and perhaps some innovative ideas on how to develop in those areas. In addition, I'm certain the'd be some competition at these "workouts," too. That is always beneficial. Not for one second would I relate any "happy" or "unhappy" trait or characteristic to this "testing the water." Just a "good business decision" to obtain as much information and take advantage of as much "training" as possible.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                forevershockerfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Could it be you are both right?

• im4wsu
                im4wsu commented
                Editing a comment
                So Forever, yuo're saying Markis might be a happy unhappy camper? Or an unhappy happy camper?

• forevershockerfan
                forevershockerfan commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm guessing he probably will return, wants to improve and see what he needs to work on making money at this game some fine day, and along the way, he keeps his options wide open.

I don't remember where I heard it, but somewhere it was said that Markis is doing that to keep his name "out there" and on the mind of scouts and talent evaluators. It has nothing to do with unhappiness at WSU or the desire to actually pursue entering the draft.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Marshall said this on that radio interview with the Lutz'sz's'.

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
              I don't remember where I heard it, but somewhere it was said that Markis is doing that to keep his name "out there" and on the mind of scouts and talent evaluators. It has nothing to do with unhappiness at WSU or the desire to actually pursue entering the draft.
              You keep your name out there by playing angry.

Comment

Looks to me like this kid has the most immediate impact potential, but N’Diay has the most long-term potential. I'd say take N’Diay if we have the option because he will be able to play and guard more positions long-term, and we still have McDuffy this year. However, we are getting Gordon next year as well. Good problem to have I suppose

Comment

• 150946shox
                  150946shox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please. His name is McDuffie.

Slide 11 of 12☝️

Comment

• WuShocker2006
                  WuShocker2006 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! might be the scene at practice in the Fall
              Working...