No announcement yet.

Abdou Ndiaye 6'10 PF/C 2018 to Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great get for Illinois State... But their fans really have no leg to stand on for talking smack on us... Again great for Illinois State

Comment

• It’s a great signing for them. I think he’s a bit of a project. He’s very raw and inexperienced, but ceiling is high. I would have been more than excited to sign him, but I don’t feel all is lost by not getting him. Have some other candidates out there that appear to be more primed to contribute immediately.

Comment

• Well, I hope you guys get Arop. I really do root for you guys when not in competition with ISU.

Comment

• We really only ever saw about 30 seconds of video on him, and that was some agile dunks that made him look pretty good. His coach is definitely sunshine pumper #1 for him, and a lot of what we knew about him we got from him. We took and combined those two things (and the fact that Marshall flew down to meet with him) and got pumped on a lot of speculation.

I don't know if he's a "top-50" guy or not. My guess based off what we learned more recently is that Georgetown and WSU wanted him to take a redshirt or even a prep year, and he wasn't down with that. Good get for ISU, though. Let's see how he is in a few years.

EDIT: and for any ISUr fan browsing this thread, you'd better hope he doesn't do what all your other good players have done when a better team comes calling:

Last edited by rjl; May 2, 2018, 08:17 PM.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Sometimes I’m dissapointed when a recruit goes elsewhere, however this isn’t one of those times. Best of luck to the young man. He should get a lot of PT at ISUr. My crystal balls are still intact.
            We recruit A LOT of guys for a reason. They aren’t all high priority recruits.

Comment

• Rats. Arop and Carrington the persons of interest now?

Comment

• Interesting that the ISU board is saying this puts them THREE scholarships over the limit. Wonder how many unannounced transfers or non-qualifiers are there?

Comment

• I actually wonder if Muller count.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Good get for the birds. This guy could develop in to something special.

Comment

• If coach m was not such an xxxxx, I would be pleased for the birds.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        We really only ever saw about 30 seconds of video on him, and that was some agile dunks that made him look pretty good. His coach is definitely sunshine pumper #1 for him, and a lot of what we knew about him we got from him. We took and combined those two things (and the fact that Marshall flew down to meet with him) and got pumped on a lot of speculation.

I don't know if he's a "top-50" guy or not. My guess based off what we learned more recently is that Georgetown and WSU wanted him to take a redshirt or even a prep year, and he wasn't down with that. Good get for ISU, though. Let's see how he is in a few years.

EDIT: and for any ISUr fan browsing this thread, you'd better hope he doesn't do what all your other good players have done when a better team comes calling:

Marvelous. Absolutely marvelous.

Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So glad we don't have to deal with that trashy mid major anymore.

20 years and counting.. lmao
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Academic RS now. Didnt qualify. Not sure how that allows you to practice, however.

YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                              ShockdaWorld commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ISUr signs someone that can’t qualify, I’m shocked.

• Stickboy46
                              Stickboy46 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Could very well be the reason we "cooled" on him at the last minute.

• Well this happened recently...

A private school coach unleashed a profanity-laced tirade at one of his players looking to transfer, and that tirade was caught on tape.

This was the school that ISUr was bragging about "starting a pipeline" with. Seems to be about right ...

Comment

Working...
                          X