No announcement yet.

Dexter Dennis 6'5 SG/SF 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful news!!! He was one on my 3 hopefuls when first learning about him. Great catch Coach Marshall!!! It's a good day!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Looks like a quality addition. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Some of you guys are a menace.

And some of you still don't get it. Welcome to Shocker Nation Dexter!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
          Looks like a quality addition. Congrats.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL. I miss you. Come back to me.

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            You know what they say: if you can’t handle the heat in the kitchen, shut it down.

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            I suppose anything's possible, but I'm pretty sure shock doesn't look anything like that.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          6'5" and 200 now. He can probably play at 215 or so by the time he's a So. or a Jr. That puts him in Baker territory for the ability to play physical.

At first I was wondering if he's "all that" why is he still available? Never played AAU, so he didn't get seen there, and played small town ball in HS. Then Marshall gets the "you gotta see this guy" message. This is almost an exact parallel of Baker's situation coming into WSU.

Had some decent assist numbers at prep school. That gets interesting.

I have no fear of being skeptical, even if Marshall thought someone was good enough for a schollie. I'm optimistic about this signing. Seems to have decent quickness for someone with his length and width.
          If you got assist numbers, how about shooting percentages?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Good to get some news on the Spring Signing front. But like others, I sure would like to land a legit PG.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
            This is the first piece of my dream Torres, Alvarez and Dexter trifecta.
            Probably the most realistic trifecta for WSU at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              6'5" and 200 now. He can probably play at 215 or so by the time he's a So. or a Jr. That puts him in Baker territory for the ability to play physical.

At first I was wondering if he's "all that" why is he still available? Never played AAU, so he didn't get seen there, and played small town ball in HS. Then Marshall gets the "you gotta see this guy" message. This is almost an exact parallel of Baker's situation coming into WSU.

Had some decent assist numbers at prep school. That gets interesting.

I have no fear of being skeptical, even if Marshall thought someone was good enough for a schollie. I'm optimistic about this signing. Seems to have decent quickness for someone with his length and width.
              Interesting comparison, Aargh, and I'm all for any set of circumstances that could give us Baker revisited -- but his hair doesn't look ANYTHING like Ron's did.

Comment

He and Rod Brown will be battling for minutes. Could be the new version of McDuffie and Zach Brown at the 3.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think RB may be more of a 3/4, DD a 2/3 with CM a 2/3/4. ES is primarily a 2. With MM at the 4 and Reaves (possibly) seeing minutes at the 2/3, those 4 will be battling for what minutes are left over. Depending on our PG situation will determine whether there is more or less minutes available.

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Should have known all along he was coming to WSU. The kid filming the first video was humming Seven Nation Army. Clues. Clues. Been missing the clues.

Comment

:bball_spin: I love being an old goat.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm getting to like this guy more every time I run into something else about him. In a clip on local news, he said he really wanted to play defense in Marshall's system. Considering he's playing for a coach who played for Marshall at Winthrop, he probably knows what that means.

Then there's the 23 points and 11 boards he averaged. that from a 6'5", 200 lb. guy could translate nicely into D1 ball, even though he's probably playing against small-enrollment schools.

Then there's one more thing. 6 assists per game. When someone other than a PG gets that many assists, it's because the D is concentrating on him and he's finding the open guy. That makes the 23 points a little more impressive. He's getting those against defenses that are concentrating on stopping him.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

one and done?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        one and done?
                        I'm betting that he doesn't play more than one freshman year.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Shamet had 2 "freshman" years. It can happen.

• im4wsu
                          im4wsu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Aargh -- I'm still making that bet

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        :bball_spin: I love being an old goat.
                        But you can't do this...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X